Off-site Construction Manager POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for supervising the installation of community site improvements including grading, wet utilities, streets, landscaping, walls and amenities. Position is the primary field contact for the management of site development trade partner contracts and is responsible for maintaining and achieving site development schedules. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and maintain construction schedules and master budgets through project completion.
- Assist home building operations team in providing solutions to important day-to-day problems that may arise.
- Work with Subcontractors to minimize construction extras.
- Coordinate field operations with project management.
- Be proactive in resolving potential issues and make sure they do not effect project completion schedule or master budget.
- Set goals and expectations for the community development schedule and insure they are met.
- Assist in approvals and paperwork required for project completion.
- Assist in checking the plans that will affect the project and work with offsite purchasing department and project management to accomplish efficient plans, contracts, etc.
- Monitor status of bonds and manage bond exoneration work.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum five years experience in offsite construction related to Land Development
- Knowledge of current environmental requirements, i.e. Swppps Training and QSP Certificate.
- Ability to lead and manage effectively
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel
- High school diploma minimum, some college work related to Engineering or Construction preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours a day in the confined quarters of a construction trailer, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment. Finger dexterity many be required to operate a computer keyboard & calculator. Primary Location:California-CORONAJob:OperationsOrganization:[LAM] InlandSchedule:Full-timeEmployee Status:RegularJob Posting:May 2, 2016, 2:08:58 PM