Job Description Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Serves as a senior technical contributor with expertise in particular business processes responsible for formulating systems scope and objectives relative to a client organization’s business plan and industry requirements. Acts independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems. Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
•*This position is open to remote work.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
• Works individually or within a team on technology business consulting projects to meet specific client requirements.
• Serves as liaison between end-users and consultants during IT and technology consulting projects.
• Expertly researches and documents client needs, technology, or regulations related to system design, enhancement, acquiring hardware or software that will impact multiple platforms and/or applications.
• Defines product scope, objectives and requirements.
• Creates detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
• Also analyzes system impacts to other systems and procedures.
• Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve the most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
• Assesses available technologies and recommends solutions to consulting team.
• Writes test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests.
• Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
• Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Consults directly with the client and may travel to the client site.
• Acts as team leader for technical aspects of consulting projects, leading sub-plans or small projects.
• May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced Business Systems Analysts and Technology Business Consultants.
• May play a key role in the training of client and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or procedures.
• Training may be delivered one-on-one as knowledge transfer or in a classroom setting, depending on the number in the audience and client preference.
• May serve as pre-sales support specialist when needed.
• Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must be familiar with the MSP functionality in one or more of the following areas:
• Investor Reporting/Remitting (Fannie Mae, Ginnie Mae, Freddie Mac, Private Pools),and Reconciling (Bank Reconciliation and Test of Cash Reconciliations)
• Payment Processing (Payments, Payoffs, Reversals, Modified Payment Logic, Suspense Processing, and Drafting)
• Corporate Accounting (General Ledger, Funds Movement, Interest Accrual, Corporate Advance and FASB)
• Three to five years of mortgage servicing experience preferred
• Three or more years of experience with BKFS’s MSP system preferred
• In-depth knowledge of BKFS’ products and services
• In-depth knowledge of financial services industry
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Intermediate professional role requiring moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Develops and implements solutions that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in one or more technologies. Possesses knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires four (4) or more years of demonstrated business systems analysis/consulting experience and demonstrated technical capabilities.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer