More than 6,000 professionals at Lockton provide 50,000 clients around the world with risk management, insurance, employee benefits consulting, and retirement services that improve their businesses. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial processionals who have driven to become the largest privately held, independent insurance broker in the world and 9th largest overall. For eight consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a “Best Place to Work in Insurance.” To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, check Lockton Market Update. ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF AN ACCOUNT MANAGER – REQUIRED BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Strong working knowledge of commercial property/casualty coverages and services
- Ability to market and service the insurance needs of commercial accounts
- Understanding of commercial rating concepts
- Proven ability to organize and manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction
- Professional and tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives
- General understanding of Applied, Lockton’s agency management system
- Ability to communicate professionally with clients and develop strong client relationships
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet applications and formula calculations
- Understanding of general insurance accounting, including client invoicing
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives
- Willingness to delegate as appropriate
- Demonstrated understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve the Unit Manager, Producer or others
- Willingness and ability to expand knowledge and effectiveness in the commercial insurance industry by successful completion of extended classes and workshops related to insurance
- Participates in the new business marketing process as directed by Unit Manager
- Has ultimate responsibility for checking the work processed by Project Coordinator or others as directed by Unit Manager
- Makes arrangements for client premium financing.
- Makes positive contribution to customer satisfaction and constantly strives to improve service to the customer.
- Communicates in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive, pleasant work environment.
- Protects the confidentiality of information acquired by performing the duties of the position.
- Prepares written correspondence, reports, and analyses, as needed.
- Attends unit meetings, educational workshops, carrier functions, staff meetings, and social events, as a representative of our organization.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in a business related field, or equivalent experience in the industry
- At least four tosix years experience in the insurance industry
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications
- High aptitude for mathematical calculations including the ability to calculate and interpret formula methodologies
- Expanded insurance industry knowledge through experience and/or course work
- Ability to manage ongoing working relationships with clients
- Legal right to work in the United States
- Firm, fluent grasp of English language with above average verbal, written and interpersonal skills to interact with associates at all levels of responsibility.
Lockton Companies is an equal opportunity employer.As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals.This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities. **NO AGENCIES PLEASE** Any Employment Agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, LLC. Lockton will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person, or entity. Employment Agencies who have fee agreements with Lockton must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Employment Coordinator tobe eligible for placement fees.