Our company values you as an employee. Our team makes our brand! Take a peak and see what we are all about..............Top Reasons to Work with UsWe are a leader in the industry serving thousands of mortgage brokers and lenders throughout the US. Our growth and success can be attributed to our superior team of mortgage industry veterans, making sound business decisions, and focusing on serving the needs of our clients. We offer a robust suite of mortgage programs to accommodate your borrowers lending needs.What You Need for this PositionSeeking an experienced DE and VA automatic underwriter to join the Government Loan Center. Lead Government Underwriter will manage investor delivery requirements and all government guidelines. All retail loan originations underwritten to agency and Investor guidelines.
Candidate must possess the following basic skills:
5-7 Year Experience in Government Lending.
Active LAPP/SAR is a plus
Credit Risk Experience
Excellent grasp of 4000.1 and VA Handbook.
Excellent credit decision making ability.
VA purchase, refinance, cash out, and IRRRL programs
FHA purchase, refinance, and streamline programs
FNMA / FHLMC guidelines.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Must be able to work in a collaborative environment as part of a team.
Coordinate underwriting responsibilities with processing and closing departments
Ability to work and effectively communicate with processors and loan officers
Looking for individual to become a LONG TERM team member.What You Will Be Doing• Underwrites residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor standards.
• Examines loan documentation for accuracy and completeness.
• Works with loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents.
• Works with more senior underwriters on loan exceptions.
• Have authority to withdraw and decline loans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform a thorough analysis to ensure the quality of each loan and to determine compliance with Company and Investor guidelines
• Apply and interpret company underwriting guidelines and make sound credit decision
• Complete credit, income analysis of loan, ensure proper audits are completed and verify consistency of loan file information
• Review and evaluate credit information on mortgage loan documents to determine acceptability for specific loan programs
• Determine any conditions, stipulations or pre-funding requirements
• Review any conditions, stipulations or pre-funding requirements received
• Communicate with Account Executives, Operations Manager, and Production Manager as required to resolve outstanding issues
• Assist departmental support staff when necessaryWhat’s In It for You- Growing, established, stable lender
- One of the most competitive compensations packages in the industry!
- Work hard, play hard environment
- 3 weeks paid vacationSo if you are a dedicated underwriting manager with a DE/LAPP and or SAR please apply!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Preferred Skills CHUMS SAR LAPP Correspondent Mortgage Operations