The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
• Implement pre- and post-award procedures for NIH and other federal grants including, but not limited to grant preparation and on-line submission, just-in-time compliances including biosafety, animal and human study protocol approval/s; setting up accounts; and preparation and submission of annual progress reports.
• Implement the center’s core management including, but not limited to facilitating the center investigators’ animal protocol submission and approval, animal transfer, tissue sharing program, administrative support for core service request and implementation, and data management.
• Support the center director’s responsibilities including, but not limited to required communication with the center components and members, KSOM, departments, VA, and NIH.
• Implement personnel management including, but not limited to new hiring and layoff, payroll, and leaves.
• Support center-initiated programmatic activities such as annual and international symposia, progress report meeting, and community seminars.
• Administers the Southern California Research Center for ALPD and Cirrhosis center program. Plans and develops center’s objectives and/or content. Researches and identifies trends and needs and establishes center’s directions accordingly. Assesses quality of center’s operations. Modifies existing center’s services or creates new program offerings to maintain or enhance center’s standing. Links center with other relevant departments on or off campus as necessary.
• Manages the delivery of services to center members and/or other investigators. Sets and communicates center’s priorities and performance standards and assesses operations using these criteria. Plans and conducts quality assurance reviews and recommends changes as appropriate.
• Serves as a key resource for center’s information. Resolves problems or questions referred by center’s staff, university administrators, or other contingencies. Interfaces with faculty, staff, students, researchers, and external contacts for committee work or information exchange regarding center’s services or content.
This is a grant funded position – Fixed Term 12 months
The University of Southern California strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s degree Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise
Directly related professional experience in area of program specialization.
Supervises - Nature of Work
Preferred Field of Expertise
1007799 Posted Date: 11/22/2016 Apply Share this Job Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Email
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Start matching Stay connected with University of Southern California-- Stay connected with University of Southern California Sign up to receive job alerts Email AddressSelect interests
ADDRemove Confirm Email Recently added jobs
- Budget Technician Los Angeles, California 3858460
- Student Programs Manager Los Angeles, California 3858461
- Research Specialist Beverly Hills, California 3858459
Stay connected to USC
Helpful information for applicants External applicants Internal applicants (current USC employees)
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com.. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report Required legal notices
Interested in working for USC on a temporary basis? Contact Trojan Talent Source (operated by Kelly Services) at (800) 409-1066 or 15HD@kellyservices.com.