Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies.
As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial.
Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors.
We are presently searching for a Job Captain for our O.C.
office. The Job Captain, while working under general supervision of a Senior Job Captain and/or Architect or Project Manager, provides design support primarily in project administration, design development and contract documents.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Creates contract documents (CDs)
• Review CDs to ensure compliance with firm standards, mechanical, building systems, codes and ADA requirements
• For smaller projects may oversee all CD production and review
• Coordinates with Senior technical staff and design staff to provide technical solutions for design dilemmas
• Manages project through contract administration phase
• Coordinates engineering consultant’s work to ensure compliance with design solution and timely submission of documents
• In unusual circumstances may be required to assist with support for field surveys
• Manages contract administration budget for assigned projects
• Ensures adherence to set budget and immediately informs Senior Job Captain/Architect, PM and/or client of any potential variances to the budget
• May mentor the work of Junior and Immediate Designers
• Oversee tasks and provide feedback on work product
• Conducts client interviews to determine technical requirements for the design
• Graduate of architecture or design school: equivalent experience may be substituted
• 5+ years’ experience in corporate interior design projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: • Extensive knowledge of design principles and standards
• Intermediate documentation and field observational skills
• Advanced interior architecture detailing skills
• Working knowledge of CDs and procedures
• Working knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements
• Working knowledge of space requirements
• Working knowledge of contract administration
• Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
• Advanced Revit skills • Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills
• Affinity Program skills or equivalent
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate presentation and graphic communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead junior staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise
Working Conditions: For the majority of the time the Job Captain will be sitting in an office with limited physical requirements.
This may require individuals to bend, stretch, twist and reach.
On occasion individuals will be required to visit a client site to perform site verifications and field surveys.
The position is not subject to occupational and safety risks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran