Requisition #: 25388
Working Title: ental Health Worker - 12Hr
Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0873002 - NSG FLOAT
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
Job Specialty: Other Allied Health
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 12hr
Days: Departmental Schedule
Shift Type: Day
Weekends: As Needed
Job Posting: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has established itself as one of the nation’s most respected healthcare leaders by elevating care to an art. After all, the same dedication, passion and technical skills that make for an extraordinary artist define the exceptional professionals who choose to establish their careers with us. If you are committed to practicing your craft at a higher level, we invite you to join us.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
_ Assist patients with ADL’s i.e. walking, assist patient with eating/feeding patients, toileting (including dispensing bedpans and retrieving same), turning, changing bed linen, bathing, hygiene
- Assist patient with exercise as directed by Registered Nurse
- Report change in patient condition promptly to the Registered Nurse
- Perform and records vital signs, I&O, and consumption of food
-Transport patients as directed
- Interacts with patients in a therapeutic manner
- Assists with de-escalating as needed
- Assist with restraining patients as directed by Registered Nurse
- Documents on restraint log
- Identify safety concerns and institutes measures to provide a safe environment
- Provides care to patients with consideration of developmental milestones in the adult and geriatric population
- Maintains competency/skills including the ability to provide care for patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Keep the patient environment neat and clean
- Use of proper body mechanics and appropriate assistive devices as indicated and approved
- Rooms are prepared for new admissions as needed to facilitate patient flow
- Assists with orientation and development of new Mental Health Workers
- Accompany patients to tests/procedures/court appointments
- Annual competencies completed yearly
- Positive, professional demeanor is projected through verbal and non-verbal communications
- Information for staff and patients are delivered in a timely manner that is supportive, timely and understandable
- Language and behaviors are modeled that build inclusiveness in the work environment
- Privacy is maintained at all times for patients and employee information
- Participation in Performance Improvement activities and initiatives is on-going.
-High School Diploma or equivalent.
-Associates of Arts (AA) in the social sciences or related field preferred.
Demonstrates the ability to function in a fast-paced high volume TEAM environment with frequent interruptions
The physical ability and perceptive acuity to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect patient care functions
Good punctuality and attendance records
Basic arithmetic skills
Full command (verbal and written) for the English language, sufficient to carry out the duties identified in the job description.
-Current and valid certification from the State of California as a Nurse Assistant.
-Current and valid Basic Cardiac Life Support certificate from the American Heart Association, completed at CSMC
-Must possess minimum computer competency comprised of a working knowledge of Windows or comparable system specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills and applicable to individual job duties and expectations, employee must demonstrate competency in use of the applications indicated on the competency checklist.
-Current fire class card required for LA county
-Current Crisis Prevention and Intervention training (CPI) card required.
-One (1) year or more work experience in an acute inpatient psychiatric facility (hospital or medical center)
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
-Walking, standing, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling
-Must pass the required pre-employment Physical Assessment (the physical ability and perceptive acuity to satisfactorily perform all direct and indirect patient care functions).
EEO / AA / F / M / Veteran / Disabled
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities