Requisition #: 26358
Working Title: Command Center Operator
Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0842001 - SECURITY PLANT PRO
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: General/Support Services/Facilities
Job Specialty: Security
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 8hr
Days: Departmental Schedule
Shift Type: Flexible
Weekends: As Needed
Job Posting: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has established itself as one of the nation’s most respected healthcare leaders by elevating care to an art. After all, the same dedication, passion and technical skills that make for an extraordinary artist define the exceptional professionals who choose to establish their careers with us. If you are committed to practicing your craft at a higher level, we invite you to join us.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
Responsible for Security Department Command Center operation: to include answering telephones, dispatching calls, documenting service calls, monitoring alarm systems, monitoring CCTV cameras and making medical center wide emergency broadcasts.
1. Answering telephones. gathering information and dispatching officers in a polite, professional manner.
2. Monitoring computerized Fire Alarm Systems, Infant Alarm System, Access Control Systems, Panic Alarm Systems, analyzing activations and dispatching appropriate personnel.
3. Operate CCTV systems and troubleshoot technical problems.
4. Review CCTV contents for suspects to assist in investigations.
5. Monitor the radio communication equipment for the officers in the field and alerting the appropriate personnel in the event of an emergency. Visual circumstances. and/or "officer needs assistance" calls.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
-High School Diploma or GED required.
-Associates in Arts or a comparable level of education and experience preferred.
-Must have typing skills and knowledge of Word, Excel, Exchange.
-Must be able to always interact favorably with the public and CSMC personnel even under adverse and stressful conditions.
-Must be able to remain calm and collected in emergency situations.
-Must be able to clearly communicate in English verbally and in writing, frequently in response to emergency situations.
-California Guard Card and California Driver License required.
-IAHSS certification preferred.
-Must have typing skills and working knowledge of MS Word. MS Excel. MS Exchange.
-Prior Dispatcher and/or Command Post operations experience preferred.
Physical Demands: (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
-Must be able to pass the medical center’s employment physical.
-Must be able to clearly hear normal conversational tones and high frequency alert tones and alarms.
EEO / AA / F / M / Veteran / Disabled
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.