USC’s Bovard College is seeking a Multimedia Coordinator to provide oversight and direction of all in-house media production for online programs. The Multimedia Coordinator will have direct responsibility for media development, project management, and media team collaboration. Additionally, the successful candidate will also demonstrate the ability to problem solve and think critically, and also be able to adjust to a rapidly changing environment.
The Multimedia Coordinator will be responsible for developing world-class instructional materials designed to attract the next generation of professional graduate students to USC.
The recently launched USC Bovard College provides innovative programs to support individuals during key academic and career transitions. Bovard College programs address the unique needs of international students, high-school and transfer students as well as helping working professionals advance in their careers through graduate programs offered in convenient formats. As we build the Bovard College team we are looking for collaborative individuals comfortable in a start-up environment and excited by progressive, innovative curriculum and dedicated to producing the highest quality work.
- Master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in media creation and development in an online learning environment.
- Excellent analytical, written and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate well with faculty.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while balancing and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, adjust to changing priorities and perform well under pressure.
- Coordinates the media efforts for all online courses. This includes the oversight of preproduction (scripting), filming, and postproduction of all original media; coordinating video shoots (including location, equipment, and talent); ensuring media has closed captions; and managing the USC Bovard media library.
- Collaborates with instructional designer(s) to ensure learning objectives are considered and met.
- Oversees the collection of all course multimedia elements, including copyrights and streaming.
- Oversees media project management for courses, and is able to communicate progress to supervisors. This also includes planning for potential concerns and preparing work-arounds to meet deadlines.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5 years of experience in higher education online media development.
- Prior experience working with third party vendors and contractors in the course development process.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university a great place to work.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related experience in curriculum development, instructional design courses and/or on-line teaching in a university or corporate environment. Demonstrated interpersonal, critical thinking and communication skills. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
REQ20040255 Posted Date: 02/06/2017 Apply Share this Job Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Email
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Start matching Stay connected with University of Southern California-- Stay connected with University of Southern California Sign up to receive job alerts Email AddressSelect interests
ADDRemove Confirm Email Recently added jobs
- Hotel Room Service Server (Part-Time) Los Angeles, California 3923234
- Clinical Quality Informatics Specialist (Hospital) Full Time 8 Hour Days Los Angeles, California 3967301
- Teaching-Track Faculty Positions in Spatial Sciences Los Angeles, California 3967339
Stay connected to USC
Helpful information for applicants External applicants Internal applicants (current USC employees)
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com.. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report Required legal notices
Interested in working for USC on a temporary basis? Contact Trojan Talent Source (operated by Kelly Services) at (800) 409-1066 or 15HD@kellyservices.com.