Overview: Equal Opportunity EmployerEnterprise Truck Rental
in Southern Californiahas an immediate opening forPart-Time Driver in the Santa Fe Springs
location. Our Truck Rental Division provides transportation solutions within the commerical truck industry, renting business to business. Our goal it to provide high service levels, and well-maintained trucks. The Driver delivers vehicles (including box trucks)and in some instances, customers, employees or vendors safely and timely to the appropriate destination(s) while giving helpful, courteous and professional customer service.Hours of Operation
: this is a part time position and apart from religious observances, must be available to work 20-25 hours/week during Monday to Friday and various shifts between the hours of 7am-5pm (and the occasional Saturday). **Starting wage is $11.10/hour
Responsibilities: ThePart Time Driver is responsible for the transporting of medium duty trucks, cargos and heavy duty pickup trucks to and from rental locations, dealerships and vendors, as well as navigating written directions.
WORKING CONDITIONS/EQUIPMENT USED:
- Drive and deliver vehicles locally or out of area as needed, following all rules of the road
- Deliver customers and vehicles to appropriate destination in a safe and courteous manner
- Ride with or follow another driver to drop off vehicle(s) or pick up multiple vehicles
- Organize travel route and ensure vehicle paperwork is accurate and timely
- May need to communicate via 2-way radio or cellular phone
- May be asked to clean vehicles
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Work environment involves moderate exposure to hazards or physical risks, which requires following basic safety requirements, including road rules and facility regulations
- Work is performed outside in all types of weather and temperatures and in a typical office environment
- Ability to perform light duty labor which requires handling of objects up to 10 pounds as well as the ability to walk undetermined parking distances without tiring, ability to sit for long periods of time and ability to get in and out of any size medium duty truck, cargo van, heavy duty pickup truck without aid
- Moderate exposure to unusual elements such as temperature, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises, which may vary based on location
- Equipment used daily includes a large variety of vehicles (Class 2: Heavy Duty pickup truck to Class 6: (26) foot box trucks), safety belts, 2-way radio or cellular phone, phone system, computer equipment, printer, fax, printer, copier and safe equipment
- Some travel may be required for meetings and training
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of work experience (experience driving Class 5 and Class 6 trucks preferred, but not required)
- Must be qualified to drive under DOT regulations. Applicants will be required to submit an appropriate medical examiner’s certificate, or submit to and successfully complete a D.O.T. medical examination. No moonlighting is allowed (no other paid employment allowed).
- Must be able toperform light duty labor which requires handling of objects up to 10 pounds as well as the ability to walk undetermined parking distances without tiring, ability to sit for long periods of time and ability to get in and out of any size passenger car, truck, van without aid
- Apart from religious observances, must be able to work Monday – Friday various shifts between the hours of 7am-5pm (and the occasional Saturday)
- NO MOONLIGHTING ALLOWED: in this position, no “moon-lighting” is allowed (no other part-time, full-time or any paid employment anywhere)
- Driving record must be in good standing with no more than 2 incidents and/or points on record within the last 3 years(incidents includeall tickets, at fault accidents, and suspensions)
- Must have an unrestricted valid California driver’s license
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record (DUI/DWI) in the past 3 years.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
We are subject to certain Department of Transportation (DOT) RegulationsAll applicants must be at least 21 years of age and be qualified to drive under DOT regulations. Applicants will be required to submit an appropriate medical examiner’s certificate, or submit to and successfully complete a D.O.T. medical examination