Information will be added based on hiring manager submission
• Operates an ophthalmic fundus camera (e.g., Zeiss Fundus Flash III) to photograph portions of the eye, such as anterior segment, the ocular adnexa & the ocular fundus
• Explain test procedures & purpose
• Monitor & evaluate test readings during procedures
• Perform fluorescing angiography & ultrasound diagnostic procedures
• Prepare exam results for interpretation by physician
• Consult w/ physician concerning test results & alert physicians to positive test results or test abnormalities
• Fill request for equipment & supplies
• Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed
QualificationsPay Grade 26 Basic Qualifications:
• One (1) year of experience as an ophthalmic photographer is required
• Certification by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel on Ophthalmology preferred Preferred Qualifications: • Bilingual(English/Spanish)Level II. • Valid Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) certification from JCAHPO Notes: • This is a variable position, work hours will vary between 7:00 am to 9:00 pm, Saturday clinics, and all major KP observed holidays on a rotational basis and if needed.
Primary Location:California-Los Angeles-1515 N. Vermont Medical Offices 1515 N. Vermont AvScheduled Hours (1-40):40Shift:DayWorking Days:Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorking Hours Start:8:30 AMWorking Hours End:5:00 PMSchedule:Full-timeJob Type:StandardEmployee Status:RegularEmployee Group (Union Affiliation):United Healthcare Workers - WestJob Level:Individual ContributorJob:Patient Care Services (Non RN)Public Department Name:OphthalmologyTravel:NoJob Eligible for Benefits:YesExternal hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.