This position is located in Cypress, CaPosition Summary:The Eligibility & Capitation Coordinator is responsible for answering eligibility and capitation calls, researching eligibility and capitation questions, processing eligibility transactions and filing reports. Also responsible for reconciling eligibility with capitation reports. Responsibilities:
- Answer and respond to all incoming eligibility and capitation calls and questions from external providers; forward any calls that cannot be handled to the Director, Eligibility & Capitation.
- Handle and research all eligibility and capitation questions and issues from internal departments and resolve where possible. Direct all retroactive eligibility issues to the Director, Eligibility & Capitation for handling.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of assigned groups’ eligibility reports to capitation reports.
- File eligibility reports at the end of each month.
- Foster positive interaction and relationships with all internal departments as well as cultivating positive working relationships with external contacts.
- Performs other assigned duties / special projects on an as-needed basis.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience with computer programs (Windows, Word, Excel, EZ Cap)
- At least one year healthcare experience, required.
- At least one year eligibility experience, preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
Job: Clerical/AdministrativePrimary Location: Lakewood, CaliforniaHospital Location: Coast HealthcareJob Type: Full-timeShift Type: Days Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) programs. Follow the links below for additional information.