USC’s Molecular Microbiology and Immunology (MMI) is seeking a Research Lab Technician to join its team. MMI’s research mission centers on conducting state-of-the-art research in the areas of microbiology, virology and immunology that will not only increase our basic knowledge but also ultimately translate from the research laboratory to the clinics and provide exciting and creative thinking and mentoring to medical, graduate and undergraduate students, which fosters their lifelong learning.
The Research Lab Tech I reports to Dr. Shou-Jiang Gao and works as part of a research team. This person will support the day-to-day lab operations including but not limited to the specific job accountabilities listed below.
- Perform experiments and analyze data for a research project
- Serve as a liaison for collaborations with other labs
- Maintain lab supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; making common stock buffers and reagents
- Maintain lab equipment and IT operations; ensure staff compliance; and arrange equipment replacement, service or repair, and certification
- Ensure compliance with all applicable safety regulations in conjunction with the lab and safety and regulatory offices
- Ensure safety information is disseminated promptly to all lab personnel; inform new personnel of required safety procedures; inspect laboratory space for safe conditions and adherence to safety procedures
- Maintain the lab mouse colony (animal husbandry)
- Coordinate and carry out shipments of laboratory reagents
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
The University of Southern California strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 6 - 12 months, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Ability to follow detailed instructions, oral and written
REQ20040412 Posted Date: 02/10/2017 Apply Share this Job Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Email
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Start matching Stay connected with University of Southern California-- Stay connected with University of Southern California Sign up to receive job alerts Email AddressSelect interests
ADDRemove Confirm Email Recently added jobs
- Departmental Contracts and Grants Coordinator Los Angeles, California 3983331
- Electron Microscopy Histology Technician Los Angeles, California 3983289
- Administrative Assistant II Los Angeles, California 3983312
Stay connected to USC
Helpful information for applicants External applicants Internal applicants (current USC employees)
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com.. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report Required legal notices
Interested in working for USC on a temporary basis? Contact Trojan Talent Source (operated by Kelly Services) at (800) 409-1066 or 15HD@kellyservices.com.