• Conducts Closed Circuit Television systems (CCTV) monitoring and surveillance of public areas for security purposes.
• Responds to Public Safety personnel requests to observe and track criminal or suspicious activity during active investigations.
• Monitors access control systems, fire, life and intrusion alarms via multiple computer systems and programs.
• Documents records of all incidents and actions taken in Computer Aided Dispatch system and SharePoint.
• Writes and prepares daily logs and reports.
• Extracts appropriate evidential records (video and photograph) from security systems to be used in investigative cases.
• Liaises with Public Safety personnel, Los Angeles Police Department, and other agencies to ensure the appropriate use of the security systems during investigations.
• Testifies in court as a subject matter expert and representative of the Department of Public Safety.
• Observes and identifies individuals involved in criminal or suspicious activity on university owned or managed property or in the surrounding community.
• Assists Public Safety and other law enforcement agencies in investigating criminal or suspicious activity.
• Serves as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and mandatory reporter under the Clery Act based on university responsibilities. Has responsibility and is required to receive reports of crimes or criminal incidents from victims of crimes and/or third parties; notifies Department of Public Safety immediately of any reported serious crime or criminal incidents that indicates the presence of an ongoing threat to the university community; and notifies the Clery Compliance Coordinator in the Department of Public Safety.
The hourly rate for this full time position is $17.00 and you are eligible for over-time. The compensation program is referred to as a Step Rate Plan where an employee will hire in at Step 1 and move to successive steps until they’ve reached the top step.
WORK SCHEDULE: Must be able to work varied days and shifts: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week. Must be able to report for work in case of emergencies.
The following are the steps that you will have to go through during the selection process. Successful completion of all steps in the selection process is required. You will be notified, via email, of your results after each step you complete. Due to the high level of interest in the position, we will only contact candidates who are assessed as meeting the position qualifications and desired background experience. Be prepared for the selection process to take between three to six months to complete.
• STEP 1: Application – All applicants must complete the online employment application and submit their resume and cover letter.
• STEP 2: Test – The test will consist of integrity, reading and math and reasoning.
• STEP 3: Panel Interview – The oral interview will be conducted by a panel to assess your knowledge, education, experience, and general ability to successfully perform in the position.
• STEP 4: Background Screening – The background screening will be conducted by HireRight which consists of a criminal background check, SSN Trace, Motor Vehicle Record, National Sex Offender Registry, Employment Verification, Education Verification and Military Service.
• STEP 5: Psychological Evaluation – The Psychological Evaluation consists of an individual oral interview and evaluation by a licensed psychologist on factors related to successful performance in the job.
• STEP 6: Medical Exam – The medical exam consists of a job related pre-placement physical exam which includes a drug test, TB skin test, hearing and vision testing.
THE TROJAN FAMILY REWARDS:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
• Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit usc.edu.
• Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
• Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer..
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Knowledge of Closed Circuit Television systems (CCTV) and alarm monitoring. Knowledge of standard methods, technology and procedures utilized to conduct video surveillance. Working knowledge of computer systems and programs. Possess excellent hand-to-eye coordination and computer skills. Ability to operate computer assisted communications equipment. Must be able to work under pressure and exercise good judgment in emergency conditions. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, oral and in writing.
REQ20040383 Posted Date: 02/10/2017 Apply Share this Job Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Email
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Start matching Stay connected with University of Southern California-- Stay connected with University of Southern California Sign up to receive job alerts Email AddressSelect interests
ADDRemove Confirm Email Recently added jobs
- Custodian III Los Angeles, California 3967319
- Project Assistant Los Angeles, California 3967333
- Football Quality Control Analyst Los Angeles, California 3968710
Stay connected to USC
Helpful information for applicants External applicants Internal applicants (current USC employees)
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com.. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report Required legal notices
Interested in working for USC on a temporary basis? Contact Trojan Talent Source (operated by Kelly Services) at (800) 409-1066 or 15HD@kellyservices.com.