As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
Statement of Purpose
1. Responsible for simple maintenance (i.e., daily, weekly, monthly) as specified by the manufacturer and procedure manual.
2. Perform routine operations of instruments as specified by the manufacturers and procedure manual: a) loading specimen; b) testing; c) retrieving results; d) utilizing computer interface/imputing results into LIS (Laboratory Information System).
3. Understand calibration procedures and requirements as stated in the technical and procedure manuals.
4. Perform simple trouble shooting procedures and adjustments as outlined in instrument operators manual.
5. Perform major trouble-shooting procedures as specified by the manufacturers in “hot-line” situations.
6. Authorize service call when situation requires major manufacturer repair beyond the employee scope.
7. Understand use of quality control material (i.e., means, acceptable ranges, trends, shifts, and out-of-control procedures) as outlined in department procedure manual.
8. Help to maintain records by documenting quality control results, out-of-control action, and informing supervisors of recurring problems or those problems requiring immediate attention.
9. Responsible for maintaining accuracy of quality control records and performing out-of-control procedures when required.
10. Perform all testing procedures, in assigned department, as described in the departmental procedure manual.
11. Understand collection and handling requirements for procedures, as defined in department procedure manuals.
12. Perform test results within specified time periods as stated in procedure manual (i.e., stats, ward reports, etc.).
13. Responsible for phoning test results as requested by the ordering physician or as required by the departmental procedure manuals (i.e., stats panic values and drug levels).
14. Follow safety guidelines as specified by the departmental and hospital fire and safety manual.
15. Monitor reagents, supplies, and notify department supervisor of any problems and when reagents/supplies need to be ordered.
16. Notify supervisor of any areas that the employee requires assistance or training, or current written procedures that are unclear or inadequate.
17. Demonstrate ability to complete tasks with a minimum of supervision.
18. Act as department supervisor and accept responsibility for the department in the absence of the Section Chief.
19. Instruct assistants and receptionists on specimen collection and handling.
20. Assist in orientation of new employees to the department to familiarize them with the instruments or procedures as specified by the section supervisor.
21. General knowledge of pediatric, adolescent, and adult population served.
22. Adhere to written hospital policy and procedure.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Current CLS License.
Minimum Experience: - Previous experience working as a Lab Technologist in a hospital setting.
- 3-5 years of experience in blood smear and fluid review.
REQ9000040 Posted Date: 02/15/2017 Apply Share this Job Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Email
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Start matching Stay connected with University of Southern California-- Stay connected with University of Southern California Sign up to receive job alerts Email AddressSelect interests
ADDRemove Confirm Email Recently added jobs
- Postdoctoral Scholar Research Associate Los Angeles, California 3967341
- Associate Director for Articulation and Assessment Los Angeles, California 3967332
- Registered Nurse - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - Per Diem 12 Hour Nights Glendale, California 4004277
Stay connected to USC
Helpful information for applicants External applicants Internal applicants (current USC employees)
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report Required legal notices
Interested in working for USC on a temporary basis? Contact Trojan Talent Source (operated by Kelly Services) at (800) 409-1066 or 15HD@kellyservices.com.