USC Housing, a division of USC Auxiliary Services, hosts more than 9,000 students, athletes, faculty, and staff throughout the year in over 50 properties on and off campus. Housing meets the challenge of inviting students into our Trojan family by making them feel comfortable, safe and welcome. We boast top-notch amenities including comprehensive recycling programs, simplified online repair requests, and more. Serving our students’ wellbeing is the reason that we are here and we share the same vision and excellence that they do.
We are seeking a Senior Manager to join our rapidly growing team.
Are you an experienced and knowledge business leader? Do you take pride in your ability to strategize, innovate, organize, and manage? Then this is the job for you! As our Senior Manager, you will serve as the strategic leader of our Housing unit. You will oversee our staffing, budgets, marketing, public relations, and properties with ease and confidence. We are constantly in the process of renovating and expanding our properties, so we need you to be as enthusiastic and passionate as we are!
- Plan, implement, and direct programs, projects, and activities for Housing. Develop and recommend goals and objectives for section.
- Supervise all staff assigned to section, through subordinate managers and supervisors. Monitor staffing needs. Determine and/or recommend section salary administration including raises, promotions, and reclassifications.
- Oversee recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, and supervision of staff. Oversee performance evaluation process. Counsel, discipline, and/or terminate employees as required.
- Plan, develop, and manage section budget. Approve section expenditures.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and short- and long-term strategic plans to enhance section operations with the approval of the Director.
- Develop, implement, and administer plans for effective communications programs within section.
- Serves as information resource for the University community and/or the general public concerning section programs and/or projects.
- Oversee inspection, maintenance, repair, refurbishment, and replacement of all assigned facilities and furnishings. Review plans and specifications for construction or refurbishment of new or redesigned facilities. Oversee inventory control, records, and reports.
- Oversee installation, maintenance, and continuing development of information processing systems and ensures compatibility with USC financial services systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: 5 years of experience.
- Management experience in housing, residential, and/or University environment.
- Ability to lead, train, coach, counsel, and evaluate employees.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and University laws and policies.
- Budget development and control experience.
What We Prefer:
- Master’s Degree.
- 6 or more years of experience in housing and/or residential industry.
- Management level experience in USC Auxiliary Services.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including:
- Benefits: dental and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Don’t believe us? Visit benefits.usc.edu.
- Perks: discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries. The Trojan Network connects current and previous members of the Trojan family to create an endless professional network.
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 5 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Management level experience in a university Auxiliary Services section.
REQ20040515 Posted Date: 02/15/2017 - Thru date - 2/20/2017 Apply Share this Job Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Email
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Start matching Stay connected with University of Southern California-- Stay connected with University of Southern California Sign up to receive job alerts Email AddressSelect interests
ADDRemove Confirm Email Recently added jobs
- Postdoctoral Scholar Research Associate Los Angeles, California 3967341
- Associate Director for Articulation and Assessment Los Angeles, California 3967332
- Registered Nurse - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - Per Diem 12 Hour Nights Glendale, California 4004277
Stay connected to USC
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com.. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report Required legal notices
Interested in working for USC on a temporary basis? Contact Trojan Talent Source (operated by Kelly Services) at (800) 409-1066 or 15HD@kellyservices.com.