USC’s KSOM Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine is seeking a Research Associate to join Dr. Min Yu’s lab. This is a one-year fixed term contract, eligible for renewal.
The candidate is expected to work on projects related with identifying mechanisms of cancer metastasis utilizing patient-derived circulating tumor cells. The position involves isolating and cultivating circulating tumor cells from patients and mice, various molecular and cellular biology experiments, in vivo experiments in mice, and maintaining the mouse colonies. The position is also responsible for maintaining lab supplies and equipment, and coordinating various projects in the lab. The candidate is expected to have solid molecular and cellular biology training, experiences working with mouse and lab managing skills.
Plans, designs and conducts highly technical and complex research projects independently and in consultation with supervisor. Analyzes research data and provides interpretations. Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
- Plans, designs and conducts highly technical and complex research projects independently and in consultation with supervisor.
- Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
- Analyzes and evaluates research data utilizing computers and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research. Searches literature, utilizing all available resources including electronic, regarding new methodology and designs experiments accordingly.
- Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated laboratory/scientific equipment.
Minimum Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related education and experience in research specialization with advanced knowledge of equipment, procedures and analysis methods.
REQ20040614 Posted Date: 02/21/2017 - Thru date - 8/31/2017 Apply Share this Job Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Email
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Start matching Stay connected with University of Southern California-- Stay connected with University of Southern California Sign up to receive job alerts Email AddressSelect interests
ADDRemove Confirm Email Recently added jobs
- Office Engineer Los Angeles, California 3905596
- General Maintenance Worker Los Angeles, California 3967329
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Dentistry - Online Masters’ of Science Program Los Angeles, California 3983325
Stay connected to USC
Helpful information for applicants External applicants Internal applicants (current USC employees)
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com.. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report Required legal notices
Interested in working for USC on a temporary basis? Contact Trojan Talent Source (operated by Kelly Services) at (800) 409-1066 or 15HD@kellyservices.com.