STYLE is an award-winning Interior Design firm based in Irvine, California. We find that what makes us successful in creating memorable living and leisure environments is our project-specific, client-specific, style-less style. We partner with our clients and consultant team to create a shared design vision that is unique to each project, reflective of its context and target market, and timeless in its quality of detail. From these ingredients evolves a project style that is unique and evocative of your vision.
This Senior Interior Designer position for STYLE is a central role within the studio to both inspire creative and innovative design for all teams, as well as be a trusted design advisor to our clients and consultants. This role is internally focused upon design and process improvements, delivering the best design product possible within the client’s project goals and budget, and providing senior leadership throughout the Interior Architecture and FF&E processes of design across multiple projects simultaneously. The Senior Interior Designer will work directly with the STYLE leadership team to coordinate and map studio staffing, manage deadlines studio?wide, create opportunities for mentorship and training within the studio, and provide expertise on projects that blends both hospitality and multi?family residential design excellence.
Re?location to Orange County compensation may be available for the right applicant. Remote work environment will also be considered for the correct applicant.
- Creates initial concept packages with a strong design story, to guide the design process through to project completion.
- Conducts programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color coordination.
- Develops innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget.
- Coordinates color and material palettes.
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, lighting, flooring, wall covering and artwork. Estimates material requirements and preliminary costs.
- Leads the day?to?day project management efforts of each assigned project with the ability to prioritize near?term and long?term deadlines both in managing communication and coordination with clients/consultants, and managing the efforts required of junior and intermediate team members as the project leader.
- Renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings such that fluency in SketchUp allows for both 3D design sketching and communication as well as a presentation tool to articulate overall quality of spaces.
- Prepares and conducts client presentations.
- Prepares, corrects and updates documents during schematic design and design development phases.
- Guides the FF&E team through the process of selection, design, subcontracting fabrication, installation, and arrangement of the materials, finishes, and furnishings required.
- Responsible for keeping the project, or a phase of a project, on schedule.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Supports the Construction Administration phase responding to RFI’s, CO’s, and reviews shop drawings.
- Implements and utilizes STYLE Standards for all projects and processes.
- Will provide support to all team members for specific field, style, or phase of interior design expertise.
- Will mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff and deliver staff performance evaluations.
- Will participate in interviews and recruiting of professional staff.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required as needed.
- Strong conceptual design skills
- Strong space planning skills
- Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer?supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and color schemes to carryout design intent.
- Advanced knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Ability to take ownership of projects including outlining deadlines and deliverables
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Mentor and manage staffing efforts for junior and intermediate staff
- Proficiency in SketchUp required
- Proficiency in REVIT highly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to provide inspiration and mentorship to junior and intermediate staff