Accounts Receivable Representative
Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. (MPA), is recognized as one of the largest re manufacturers of Automotive Replacement Parts for North America. We are a publicly traded company registered on NASDAQ and NYSEC under the symbol MPAA.
We have an immediate job opening in our Accounting Department which will report to and support the Accounts Receivable Manager. This position is based at our corporate office in Torrance, California.
Responsible for credit and collections, posting of checks received, closing each period and data entry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Records checks received using a computerized accounting system.
- Computes and balances cash receipts journal, deposit slips, wires and checks.
- Performs collection calls/emails on past due accounts daily/weekly.
- Logs results of collection efforts in past due log at all times.
- Research and follow up on all open/missed invoices.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal & external customers regarding discrepancies.
- Strong experience contacting customers by phone, e-mail, or fax regarding payment.
- Provides customers with billing statements monthly and credit copies when requested.
- Prepares the following reports: Invoice Register after closing date, Cash Receipts Journal and Breakdown of account after posting all checks.
- Follow up on outstanding chargebacks and discrepancy items for resolution.
- Clerical support including filing, scanning and other administrative tasks.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required by the AR Manager.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS / ABILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sort and file numerically.
- Detailed oriented.
- Input information with speed and accuracy.
- Immense cash application skills, including short pays, discounts, and discrepancies.
- Accuracy, strong attention to detail and good math skills is must.
- Computer proficiency with MS Applications (Word and Excel) knowledge.
- Input information with speed but great accuracy.
- Ability to use computer terminal, ten key by touch, facsimile, and copier.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Credit or Accounts Receivable Department.
- Accounting software (MFG Pro preferably) and Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance, including 401(k) Savings Plan and other company sponsored programs.
If you have an interest in new challenges and have relevant education and experience for this position, please send us your resume.
Location/Region: Torrance, CA (US - 90503)