Since 1897, the Ostrow School of Dentistry has shaped talented students into outstanding dentists and dental hygienists. Our challenging clinical education and our expert faculty members provide future oral health professionals with the skills they need in order to become the best.
Dentists and dental hygienists are consistently viewed as some of the most trusted and respected professionals that serve the public, and our graduates are part of the reason. The Ostrow School of Dentistry not only educates excellent clinicians but also produces professionals who earn their patients’ trust with unyielding commitment to exemplary ethical standards. Our graduates also earn the respect of their colleagues, taking active leadership roles in the organized dentistry community from local to international levels.
USC’s Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, Center for Cranial Molecular Biology is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Scholar – Research Associate to join its team.
Temporary, fixed-term position; one year and renewable on the recommendation of the faculty mentor and at the discretion of the dean. May be renewed up to a maximum of five years.
The Postdoctoral Scholar-Research Associate will serve as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently. Analyzes research data and provides interpretations. Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
- Serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing *research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently.
- Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
- Analyzes and evaluates research data utilizing computers and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research.
- Searches literature, utilizing all available resources including electronic, regarding new methodology and designs experiments accordingly.
- Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated laboratory/scientific equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Ph. D. or equivalent doctorate within previous five years
Minimum Experience: 0-1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Publications in peer-reviewed journals in the same or related field.
REQ20038570 Posted Date: 03/02/2017 Apply Share this Job Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Email
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Start matching Stay connected with University of Southern California-- Stay connected with University of Southern California Sign up to receive job alerts Email AddressSelect interests
ADDRemove Confirm Email Recently added jobs
- Compliance Program Manager Los Angeles, California 3905597
- Program Administrator Los Angeles, California 3908359
- Patient Care Technician - 5 North Cardio Telemetry - Full Time 12 Hour Nights Los Angeles, California 4127562
Stay connected to USC
Helpful information for applicants External applicants Internal applicants (current USC employees)
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report Required legal notices
Interested in working for USC on a temporary basis? Contact Trojan Talent Source (operated by Kelly Services) at (800) 409-1066 or 15HD@kellyservices.com.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)