Develop and modify detailed scales and manufacturing drawings using CAD hardware and software from sketches, layouts, existing CAD files or notes provided by engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation for disabilities may be made for one or more of the following:
* Contribute design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product.
* Checks drawing plots versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standards.
* Designs, draws, and develops tooling and fixtures with the use of Auto-CAD and Solid Works.
* Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and ECN/DCR documentation.
* May work with system management including file maintenance, backup and storage.
* Assist and works with engineers to make prototypes and implementation of new concepts.
* Support Engineering and Manufacturing departments.
* Follow all 5S department procedures which include but are not limited to; keeping floors clean of oil and debris, returning tools to proper locations, organize part pans, and performs other housekeeping duties.
* Attends all required job related training (internal and external).
* All employees are responsible for complying with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, Local, and State government, and HSE Procedures.
* All employees are responsible for attending all training provided and for adhering to all HSE procedures, policies, and plans, conforming to reporting requirements, and safe operating procedures at all times.
* All employees are required to bring any known or suspected nonconformance for all company procedures or legal requirements to management’s attention immediately.
* Continually seek opportunities to improve our HSE performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, and reporting our results.
* Able to recognize cosmetic non-conformances based on Company specifications such as; burrs, galling, cracked edges, slug marks, dimensional changes in production parts and initiate action to prevent non-conformance such as stopping the machine and notifying Supervisor.
* Other duties may be assigned.
WAYS OF WORKING, EXPERIENCE, AND BEHAVIORS
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; understands work flows and procedures.
* Technical Skills -Able to clearly share expertise and transfer technical knowledge to others; Knowledge of mechanical drafting standards and practices, dimensioning and tolerance. General understanding of Mechanical Engineering and design principles.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens intently to others and seeks clarification; Provides clear and pleasant responses to inquiries regardless of the situation.
* Written Communication - Writes technical documents clearly and accurately. Transfers technical data into meaningful written documents that can be understood by all levels of the organization.
* Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
* Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Aligns work with strategic goals.
* Cost Consciousness - Works within the direction of the department’s resources; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position is entry level. Candidate must be a quick learner.
Education and/or Experience
* Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred.
* 1 year design drafting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the following application software: Database; AutoCAD; Internet; Solid Works; Micro Station; Spreadsheet and Word Processing.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek® Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek’s people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.