Accountable for the management, operations, and financial performance of Plant Operations, Environmental Services and Safety, ongoing maintenance and repair of the buildings, mechanical/electrical systems, equipment and grounds, and for the provision of a safe working environment for Regional Office and Medical Buildings and/or leased buildings. Essential Functions:
• Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors and/or staff, the coordination of the activities of a service area or region departments with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
• Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
• Participates in the design, development, implementation of programs, policies and procedures to ensure all facilities (building, structures, systems, equipment, furnishings and physical environment) and grounds are maintained in an operationally effective, clean and safe manner.
• Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of governmental and accrediting agencies.
• Schedules, manages, documents, and maintains records of a comprehensive preventive maintenance program.
• Manages the landscaping maintenance as well as contractual services required to maintain all grounds and public sidewalks; schedules their upkeep and repairs to maintain them for safety, aesthetics, and effective operation.
• If applicable, ensures the medical center is in compliance with fire prevention, general safety, seismic conformance, health hazards protection and disaster/emergency preparedness plans.
• Maintains and updates Safety and emergency Operations plans as needed.
• May develop, implement and maintain all elements of the required Environment of Care programs and submit summary reports to the Environment of Care committee as necessary.
• Manages the budget and resource allocations. Manages the financial performance; identifies and recommendations strategies/best practices to reduce costs and improve service.
• Manages and resolves human resources, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in supervising and managing all plant operations, maintenance, renovation and related activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public health or engineering required OR four (4) years of experience in facility maintenance/management industry or directly related experience.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• N/A Additional Requirements:
• Experience in the management of building systems and possess knowledge of advanced building engineering principles, especially as they relate to the medical care environment required.
• Background in facility management, construction management and project management.
• Requires full knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and working knowledge of another function.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment. Preferred Qualifications:
• Health care industry experience preferred.
• Professional designation such as CFM or CHFM preferred.
Primary Location:California-Rancho Cucamonga-Empire Corporate Plaza 10740 4th St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40):40
Working Days:Mon - Fri
Working Hours Start:8:00 AM
Working Hours End:5:00 PM
Employee Group (Union Affiliation):Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level:Manager with Direct Reports
Public Department Name:Membership Administration Systems & Support Svcs
Travel:Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Eligible for Benefits:Yes
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.