As part of Keck Medicine ofUSC,USCVerdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
Statement of Purpose:
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for thorough communication of all pre-employment and with meeting the legal requirements under the federal, state and local legislative demands. Additionally, working collaboratively with the Human Resources Administrator, to maintain daily operations of the Human Resources Department.
Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain/Create employee personnel files, with all correct paperwork, licensing, CPR, Personnel Action Record (PAR) forms, etc., (current, terminated, Managerial, etc.)
- Input all newly hired and current employee data into HRIS.
- Create employee, volunteer and physician ID badges.
- Greet and assist all department visitors.
- Answer calls on the main department phone line.
- Maintain filing on weekly basis.
- Process verifications of employment via phone and/or fax.
- Keep department bulletin boards current.
- Maintain supply of employee discount theater tickets. Dispense to employees upon request. Maintain accurate sales record of tickets. Contact sources as needed for additional supply.
- Dispense paychecks, monitor sign-out sheet. Mail any paychecks that need to be mailed and keep log of those mailed.
- Open and distribute department mail daily..
- Correctly maintain office equipment (PC, Printer, Copier, Fax, etc.)
- Provide clerical support to department members as requested.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service and organization skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative.
REQ20041201 Posted Date: 03/07/2017 Apply Share this Job Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Email
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Start matching Stay connected with University of Southern California-- Stay connected with University of Southern California Sign up to receive job alerts Email AddressSelect interests
ADDRemove Confirm Email Recently added jobs
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics (CHLA/Otolaryngology) Los Angeles, California 3660843
- Physician Scientist - Assistant or Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology Los Angeles, California 3660805
- Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics (BMT Head of Research) Los Angeles, California 3660640
Stay connected to USC
Helpful information for applicants External applicants Internal applicants (current USC employees)
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report Required legal notices
Interested in working for USC on a temporary basis? Contact Trojan Talent Source (operated by Kelly Services) at (800) 409-1066 or 15HD@kellyservices.com.