Under the direct supervision of the Child Development Manager and the Programs Director, the Site Supervisor will be responsible for the overall operation of the Child Development Center for preschool children. This position directly supervises the teaching staff and performs teaching duties.
Within a team work environment, the essential functions of the job include the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring that children entrusted under our care are properly supervised at all times.
- Coordinating and participating in team planning, and implementing a developmentally appropriate approach using the High/Scope Curriculum.
- Ensuring that the teaching staff complete children’s assessments and conduct the required parent conferences.
- Ensuring that the teaching staff maintain and update all required forms and documentation and submit all paperwork in a neat, accurate and timely manner.
- Supervising and evaluating the Teacher(s), Early Childhood Assistant(s), On-Call staff, volunteers and children.
- Coordinating and participating in the recruitment and enrollment of the children.
- Coordinating and/or conducting site meetings.
- Attending and participating in meetings and in-service training.
- Performing light housekeeping duties and tasks.
- Coordinating special events (fund-raisers, field trips, parent meetings, etc.).
- Must continue early childhood education by completing a minimum of two (2) ECE units per fiscal year.
- Complies with child abuse reporting laws.
- Oversees completion of attendance sheets, monitors late arrivals and late pick-ups and counsel parents as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) at the Site.
- Coordinate parent volunteers to assist in the classrooms.
- Staff will be required to rotate schedules, and may be assigned to provide coverage at different sites based on the needs of the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ø Perform daily inspections of the child care center and removing any and all hazardous material or debris to ensure compliance in health and safety requirements.
- Must possess a site supervisor permit, and have the ability to supervise children and adults.
- Bachelor’s degree or sixty (60) units with twenty-four (24) ECE/Child Development units, including core courses, and six (6) units administration classes, plus two (2) units in Adult Supervision required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in early childhood education and/or child care programs.
- Must provide a copy of current CPR and First Aid certification, Completion of a 15 hour Safety and Health Certification and unofficial transcripts.
- Must provide proof of current immunizations (TB clearance, MMR, TDAP, and Influenza).
- Criminal Record Background Check Clearance is required prior to employment.
- Must complete and pass a health screening or provide proof of prior health screen within the past 12 months that contains all required information.
- Must possess fluency in English to read, write and speak English; Bilingual Spanish skills a plus.
- Must provide copy of current identification, driver’s license, or Permanent Resident Id Card.
- Must have the ability to supervise the children’s environment and have the ability to respond to practices or situations that endanger the health or safety of the children.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Performing physical activities that require the incumbent to stand or walk most of the time with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and reaching.
- Activities often also require considerable use of arms and legs, such as in the physical handling of materials; including lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
International Institute of Los Angeles (IILA) is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are required to complete an IILA employment application.
IILA will not accept resumes in lieu of an employment application.