Under the direction of the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer, performs activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of equipment and machinery in medical center facility. Under limited supervision, ensures efficient and reliable operation of all machinery, including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning systems within the Medical Center.
• Under general supervision, performs tasks in support of physical plant equipment/systems and operations, including life support and life safety equipment. • May be required to work in emergency situations during off hours and on weekend shifts. • Performs inspections and adjustments of equipment. • Reads and interprets blueprints, specifications, operation and maintenance manuals and other documents to determine proper operation. • Troubleshoots and problem solve under normal and abnormal situations. • Operates, adjusts and analyzes various pieces of physical plant equipment through use of computers and microprocessor based devices. • Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications. • Performs other duties as necessary. • Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Three (3) years of related experience and/or training.
• Journeyman level field service experience in industrial electrical and/or refrigeration.
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Valid California Driver’s License.
• CFC certificate required. • Working knowledgeand ability to perform duties of all trade classifications including electrical, plumbing, carpentryand HVAC.
• Must possess a working knowledge of medical gas distributionand alarm systems, water treatment, steam systems, refrigeration, compressors, pumps, electric motors,and variable frequency drives.
• Understanding of preventive maintenanceand work order system, preferably MP2.
• Competency to operate microprocessor based devices.
• Capable of performing maintenance, troubleshooting,and repair of HVAC equipment (including chillersand boilers), electrical distribution,and operating room equipment.
• Ability to readand comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence,and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-oneand small group situations to customers, clients,and other incumbents of the organization.
• Ability to regularly liftand /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement. Preferred Qualifications:
• Engineering background in acute care hospital preferred.
Primary Location:California-Vacaville-Vacaville Hospital 1 Quality Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40):40
Working Days:Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri. *Expected length of employment: up to 90 days.
Working Hours Start:10:00 AM
Working Hours End:6:30 PM
Employee Group (Union Affiliation):IUOE - Local 39
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Public Department Name:Engineering
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Eligible for Benefits:No
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.