Registered Nurse - Surgical Services - OR
Carlsbad, CA 97223
We are looking for an Operating Room (OR) Surgical Registered Nurse (RN) to provide direct nursing care, under general supervision, in accordance with established policies and procedures of the Hospital. The Operating Room (OR) Surgical Registered Nurse (RN) will work as part of the surgical team during operative and invasive procedures.
• Demonstrates and practices aseptic techniques.
• Adheres to standards and appropriate aseptic techniques, including: pre-operative hand scrub, gowning and gloving, and instrumentation and supply set up.
• Sets up room for surgical procedures and identifies instrumentation and supplies.
• Sets up room quickly and correctly, with minimal supervision.
• Pulls correct instruments and supplies.
• When scrubbed, sets up back table and Mayo stand according to facility’s procedures.
• Demonstrates ability to concentrate and quickly respond appropriately to directions given by circulating RN or physician(s).
• As a circulating, nurse, assists the scrubbed team for additional staff, supplies, procedures, and other services.
• Participates in all instrument, sponge counts, and other counts as designated by the facility’s policies and procedures; to maintain a safe patient care environment.
• Maintains and updates surgeon’s procedure preference cards as changes occur.
• Maintains supplies in assigned operating room.
• Fosters a cooperative effort in meeting the goals of nursing and sharing the workload.
• Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward the area, peers, staff, patients, and other contacts; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in meeting the needs of client facilities, patients, and staff.
• Seeks guidance, direction, and assistance when needed.
• Identifies own limitations and seeks guidance as required.
• Recognizes and utilizes appropriate lines of communication.
• Accurately communicates needs to co-workers and supervision.
• Maintains confidentiality of all patients, and hospital-related communications/documents.
• Maintains clinical skills and expands knowledge base through participation in continuous education programs.
• Assumes responsibility for self-development.
• Seeks to obtain a level 3 proficiency in his/her area(s) of clinical expertise.
• Keeps informed of changes in practice through organizational participation and/or reading current literature.
• Documents activities according to facility policies and procedures.
• Represents the Surgical Services as a responsible paraprofessional in appearance and demeanor.
• Other Operating Room (OR) Surgical Registered Nurse (RN) duties as assigned.
Critical Elements/Environmental Exposure
• Able to stand for prolonged periods of time during surgical procedures and bending over equipment and patients for extended periods of time. (15-30 min.)
• Able to wear layers of operating room clothing and masks in an aseptic environment for prolonged periods of time.
• High risk for exposure to body fluids.
• High risk for exposure to lacerations, puncture wounds from sharp instruments.
• Moderate risk for exposure to electrical shock from use of electrical equipment.
• Occasional exposure to x-ray and fluoro rays during procedures.
• Occasional exposure to infections.
• Some exposure to odor.
• Lift 75 pounds and support up to 250 pounds.
• Transfer adult patients up to 250 pounds and 6.5 feet tall.
• Active Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state in which the Registered Nurse (RN) practices.
• Documentation and confirmation of one year of operating room clinical experience in an acute care hospital as a Registered Nurse (RN) within the last three years preferred.
• Current BLS card.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Physical dexterity and perceptive acuity (e.g., visual, hearing) to satisfactorily perform all required duties.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
• Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our caregivers are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
• Competitive Pay & weekly paychecks
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• 401(k) savings plan
• Continuous professional and clinical training
• Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Recruiter’s Name: Ashley Bacon
Recruiter’s Title: Recruiter
Recruiter’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation and Benefits
$0.00 - $0.00 / hour