Aggressive Engineering Corp, a small metal stamping manufacturer in Anaheim, California, is seeking a qualified person to head our Quality Control Department. This is a hands-on position whose functions include insuring that all work-in-process, in-coming material, and finished product meets stated standards. Prior experience dealing with government contracts is beneficial.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure conformance/compliance to quality standards and procedures established
- Plan and implement performance improvement and quality assurance program.
- Guiding production staff regarding quality measurers
- Determine quality related training requirements and provide training
- Maintain and update Quality Manual and practices.
- Maintain records on quality performance.
- Report to management on the progress and requirements of quality issues
- Periodically review all inspection and quality control activities to determine conformance with policy and procedures and make appropriate corrections and improvements as necessary.
- Interact with customers and vendors regarding quality issues. Vendor audits as required. Vendor rejection repors & corrective actions and customer corrective action requests.
- Utilize inspection tools and gages provided; Calibrate inspection tools as scheduled.
- Maintain scrap log
- Maintain Tool and Die maintenance log
- Maintain in-process and final inspection forms
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment
Skills and Specifications:
- ASQ or equivalent certification; S.P.C. preferred
- Be familiar with ANSI Y 14.5 and Z1.4 and ISO 9000
- Ability to use all common inspection tools and know how to calibrate
- Computer data entry skills
- Prior government contract experience from quote process through inspection and completion of required paperwork
- Ability to read and analyze customer drawings
- Well organized with excellent problem-solving skills
- Good statistical and numerical ability
- Spanish speaking helpful but not required
Aggressive Engineering Corp provides Medical and Dental insurance for all employees. We also have a 401k plan into which we will contribute a percentage of any contributions our employees make.
Salary commesurate with experience.
Please note that production hours are 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.