Specific duties of the Audio-Visual Technician II include:
- Maintains, operates, upgrades, and services instructional classroom equipment, audio-visual systems related to capture and delivery for e-Learning Systems and services, and interactive technologies (e.g., portable systems, computer equipment, teleconferencing equipment, instructional classroom equipment, and webcasting).
- Provides hands-on control booth video and audio operations to accommodate the instructional operations and classroom schedule. May operate and maintain one or more stages/facilities and may perform minor building maintenance in order to maintain stage(s)/facility(ies) in orderly, operable condition.
- Coordinates set-up and maintenance of portable systems, including instructional classroom equipment and audio-visual systems related to capture and delivery for e-Learning Systems.
- Provides classroom and event furniture and AV set-up and tear-down
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions. Ensures correct adjustments and operation of auditorium and classroom equipment and webcast computer equipment. Conducts preventive maintenance of instructional equipment. Arranges for vendor repairs, adjustments or returns, as needed
- Assists clients with requests in the AV office. Assists supervisor with the work schedule and documentation of rentals and usage.
- Stays informed of new technologies and hardware to improve quality of education operations. May make recommendations as appropriate.
- Must be available for some evening and weekend events.
- Special projects as assigned.
Minimum Education: Associate’s degree, Specialized/technical training, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Specialized knowledge of and experience with audio-visual and multi-media equipment.
REQ20041289 Posted Date: 03/10/2017 - Thru date - 3/20/2017 Apply Share this Job Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Email
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Start matching Stay connected with University of Southern California-- Stay connected with University of Southern California Sign up to receive job alerts Email AddressSelect interests
ADDRemove Confirm Email Recently added jobs
- Dental Assistant Los Angeles, California REQ20039797
- Research Associate Los Angeles, California REQ20040181
- Research Associate Los Angeles, California REQ20040263
Stay connected to USC
Helpful information for applicants External applicants Internal applicants (current USC employees)
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report Required legal notices