Assists local and regional management to facilitate the delivery of HR services for the area. This may include one or more hospitals, medical offices, and/or other business entities, functions and services. Provides coaching and guidance on company wide and local HR programs and initiatives. Partners with managers to anticipate and plan for future resource needs and requirements based on health care and local market trends and conditions. Consults with managers to address root causes of human resources issues and to provide leadership in developing action plans and coordination efforts for resolution. Provides guidance to less senior HR staff. Essential Functions:
• Functions as main point of contact for TPMG, KFH/HP managers, and local labor leaders to provide consultation, direction, and guidance to facilitate resolutions on moderately complex HR issues.
• Assists with planning, implementation and ongoing management of programs and initiatives across all HR functions.
• Partners with local HR leadership to develop strategies to meet area goals.
• Collaborates with local HR functions such as HR Compliance, Disability Management Consultants, and regional HR functions to fully address local multi-faceted issues.
• Consults on moderately complex HR issues. • This includes, but not limited to, advising and educating leaders on understanding union agreements, performance management problem identification/solving, facilitating to resolution. • HR risk management assessment and mitigation plans, employee leaves and legal requirements, benefit programs, compensation policies for base and incentive programs including employee classification controls, workforce strategy and recruitment plans, and management training programs.
• Engages with more senior HR Consulting staff on moderate issues and with HR subject matter experts for subject matter expertise and advice.
• Develops, implements, and manages HR programs using multi-disciplinary perspectives.
• Interprets data to support operational decision making.
• Provides coaching to more junior staff.
• Must have ability to operate effectively in a complex matrix organization.
Experience • Minimum five (5) years of experience in human resources roles requiring negotiation and consulting skills working with managers and operational leaders.
Education • Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public health, psychology, human resources or other related field requiredOR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High school diploma or general education development (GED) required. License, Certification, Registration • N/A. Additional Requirements:
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment. Preferred Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in business administration, psychology or human resources related fields.
• Certified PHR or SPHR, Six Sigma, executive coaching, and/or Project Management Professional.
Primary Location:California-Oakland-Oakland Hospital (replacement) 275 W. Macarthur Bl
Scheduled Hours (1-40):40
Working Days:Mon-Fri some weekends
Working Hours Start:8:00 AM
Working Hours End:5:00 PM
Employee Group (Union Affiliation):Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Job:Human Resources / HRIS
Public Department Name:HR
Travel:Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Eligible for Benefits:Yes
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.