Maxim Healthcare Services is hiring CT Technologists to work part time or per diem assignments.
Locations: Torrance, Long Beach, San Pedro, Inglewood, Gardena and Downey, CA
Contract Details: Per diem, 8 hour shifts
Shifts Available: all shift times available
Submit your resume to Katherine (contact information below) and use this link: https://rss1.maxhealth.com/maxim/candidate.cfm to apply online today!
• Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation of CT scanners and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
• Positions patients for CT scans using immobilization and protective equipment as necessary.
• Appropriately sets the controls of the relate equipment; monitors equipment and patient; makes adjustments as necessary
• Assist radiologist with imaging procedures, starting IV’s, and injecting contrast, if applicable.
• May dispense oral contrast to patients for CT scans.
• Assist radiologist with interventional CT procedures.
• Evaluate CT scans for technical quality, collate processed images in sequence of exposure and appropriately label.
• May be responsible for scheduling patients for procedures and assisting with some clerical functions.
• Charges procedures and supplies used to the patient record
• Load and operate power injections for contrast media administration.
• Maintain accurate patient records for all procedures performed; maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA standards.
• Adheres to all Maxim and worksite rules, policies and procedures
• May perform other duties as required or deemed necessary by Maxim and/or the client/supervisor.
• Other CAT Scan Technologist duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Completion of a 24-month AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology program preferred.
• One (1) year of experience as a CAT Scan Technologist preferred.
• Appropriate valid state licensure.
• A.R.R.T. (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) Certification, if required by state regulations or contract specifications.
• Must be accurate, attentive to detail and able to follow directions.
• Thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology
• Must have good interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work calmly and accurately.
• Successfully pass all Maxim screening exams with a score of 80% or greater.
• Must meet Maxim’s pre-employment screening requirements.
• Current physical exam, if required by state regulations or contract specifications.
• Current TB test or chest x-ray.
• Current BLS as required by state regulation or CAT Scan Technologist contract specific requirements.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our caregivers are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer them the following benefits:
• Competitive Pay & weekly paychecks
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• 401(k) savings plan
• Continuous professional and clinical training
• Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.