This company creates exceptional solutions for companies of all sizes, from start-ups to Fortune 500s. (Think environment like GOOGLE!) Their designs reflect their clients’ brand and inspires employees to create and collaborate in the workplace. Companies throughout California turn to them when they want to reimagine their workspace.
Candidate should be able to perform design and specifications using computer-aided equipment and software. Prepares block plans, schematic plans, fabric / finish palettes, specifications and installation drawings. Edits, revises, and updates changes to existing drawings and specifications. Primary client contact with regard to design-related questions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assumes responsibility for overall completion of design and related tasks for assigned projects.
• Works with sales staff to establish design requirements of proposal preparation.
• Prepares design proposals as needed.
• Provides consistently complete, accurate specifications.
• Generates accurate scope of job based on customer expectations.
• Develops furniture block plan, space plan, fabric / finish palette, final furniture specifications and installation drawings. Ensures that furniture plans are code compliant.
• Performs field measures; product inventory; programming; specification verifications, ancillary product research, etc.; and frequently participates in project meetings as required with sales staff and/or clients.
• Works with sales staff or client to review any required design modifications and produces revised drawings and/or specifications based on those modifications.
• Creates graphic representation (hard copy) of design using assigned design software. Obtains client sign-off of final drawings.
• May work with Project Manager or sales staff to conduct final walk-through and prepare punch list.
• Enters time worked into database by job/project every week.
Requires a high school diploma or GED plus design related Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Leadership or management experience ideal! Proficient in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to independently plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Often leads, trains and directs the work of others. A wide degree of autonomy, creativity and latitude is expected. Intimate knowledge of furniture systems and electrical/cabling issues essential. General understanding of building systems and building codes essential. Experience and demonstrated skill using Auto CAD, Microsoft Office Suite, 20-20, CAP, and rendering software.
Other responsibilities may include:
• Lead workplace strategy efforts with key accounts
• Lead design huddles
• Assist with design quarterly meetings
• Leverage technology to improve efficiencies
• Assist with training and advocating growth/learning
• Act as an internal resource/expert in specification-related support.
• Assist and/or lead in providing reference materials and other resources as needed.
• Maintain company helpdesk support for AutoCAD, CAP, and Z-Axis.
• Demonstrate effective time management & documentation, analyze productivity and areas for improvement. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.