Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience. From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you’ll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization. Position Purpose: Responsible to deliver customer service and grooming services to customer that align with our brand promise. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that are covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks; most questions are directed to either the Grooming Salon Manager or the General Manager. Position is responsible for the welfare of all live animals within the department. GSM will report to the General Manager and collaborate to drive the business. Essential Job Functions:The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all customers by utilizing the GUEST+ model in the salon
- Ensure OSE standards are maintained in the department
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
- Professionally perform basic grooming services on animals as requested by customers and in accordance with company policy and procedure, ensuring the safety and well-being of each animal
- Interest in animal welfare
- Move animals and merchandise up to 30 pounds
- Utilize grooming instruments including shears and dryers.
- Perform grooming services per customer instructions, ensuring the safety and well-being of animals.
- Adhere to all Policies and Procedures.
May provide guidance to Grooming Assistant(s) or other Pet Stylists Apprentice (s) in department. May also test potential applicants for grooming procedures and evaluate skills and other job related tasks.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors in the grooming salon. Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 30 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. A large amount of this partner’s time will be spent in direct contact with our customers and their dogs and the remaining time will be with the PSA’s and other salon partners. The work environment can be noisy and wet. Qualifications Education/Experience:
A qualified applicant to this position will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the grooming industry, and either a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is preferred. In addition, the applicant must have completed the Pet Stylists Apprentice Program or a minimum of one year’s experience grooming/styling pets under the leadership of a professional groomer and must successfully complete a personal skills evaluation by a Petco Pet Stylist or Grooming Salon Manager.