This position works under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager/Director and/or designee. Inventories, restocks, and distributes disposable medical supplies within Perioperative services, which includes replenishment in the Operating Room and Ambulatory Surgery Unit suites. Works the majority of the time preparing surgical carts for use in the medical center and/or medical office building. Will also maintain accuracy of supplies on facility procedure cards.
• Reviews operating room schedule in advance to ensure proper supply levels.
• Stocks surgical carts for use during procedures.
• Inventory assigned supply areas for replenishment.
• Rotate stock using FIFO method of inventory management.
• Fills requisitions from stock in storage areas.
• Maintains stocking levels in the OR and ASU suites.
• Inform staff on product conversions and substitutions.
• Work with Perioperative Cost Specialist, Procurement team, and service leads (nursing) to ensure proper stocking levels are maintained and supplies are ordered routinely.
• Escalate and solve supply issues with Supply Chain Manager, and involve clinicians when necessary.
• Maintain procedure cards (removing obsolete items, and updating cards during product conversions).
• Print supply forecast to prepare for future procedures.
• Dons protective equipment when necessary.
• Infection Control- Standard Precautions: Adherence to hand washing requirements, workflow patterns, standard precautions, dress code, sterility assurance.
• Ensures proper documentation is maintained electronically and manually.
• Participates in all competency programs, attends meetings, and trainings when required.
• Adheres to all policies and protocols in the use of HealthConnect and One Link Systems.
• Ability to present information in one on one and small group situations.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to communicate and write effectively.
• Collects and researches data; uses judgment and experience to complement data.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
• Listens and gets clarification to ensure that instructions and requests are fully understood.
• Performs other related duties as required within the classification.
• Required one (1) year of experience managing supplies in a perioperative environment (Ambulatory Surgery Unit and/or Operating Room, and/or Sterile Processing-this may be any one of the 3 or a combination of the 3 equaling a year).
• Required one (1) yearof experience operating within a Supply Chain inventory management system.
• High School Diploma/GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
• Successful Completion of "Blood borne Pathogens Awareness Training" within 30 days of hire (KP Learn Module).
• Must Pass Basic Computer Literacy Test.
• Must Pass MS Excel Test.
• Valid CA Driver’s License.
• Must regularly lift in excess of 60 lbs. and move in excess of 300 lbs. with material handling equipment. Notes: • This is a full time Material Management position located in Fontana Medical Center.
Primary Location:California-Fontana-Fontana Medical Center 9961 Sierra Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40):20
Working Days:Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start:Varies
Working Hours End:Varies
Employee Group (Union Affiliation):USWA - Local 7600
Job Level:Entry Level
Public Department Name:Material Management
Job Eligible for Benefits:Yes
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.