Job Description Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle. JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Conducts various types of research and analysis to support the business operations to an internal business segment, division, group or line of business. Assists management to resolve business issues in an effective and productive manner. Designs, documents and re-engineers business processes and publishes business metric results.
Note: Please check this job carefully to ensure it is the appropriate match. Assign employees who provide business systems analysis for internal or client-facing projects to the Business System Analyst job family. Assign employees who conduct software quality assurance/testing to the Software Quality Analyst job family. Assign employees who provide product support to the Product Support Representative job family. This job family should be used for employees who support general management for a BKFS business segment, division, group or line of business. GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives and needs of the general business environment for the appropriate BKFS segment, division, group or line of business.
- Performs research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to manager or, depending on level, the project leader.
- Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
- Identifies and implements best practices and suggest how to improve current practices.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
- Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics and identifies improvement opportunities.
- May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
- May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
- May prepare reports for financial and P&L analyses.
- Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combinations of education, training and work experience. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Prior Mortgage Servicing or Home Equity experience highly preferred
- Functional knowledge in the following area(s) may be preferred or required:
- Customer Service
- Special Loans
- Year End
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
- Knowledge of BKFS products and services preferred
- Knowledge of general business operations, operations, and structure
- Knowledge of mortgage and home equity servicing industries and/or financial services industry preferred
- Knowledge of basic analysis principles
- Excellence in standard office software, such as MS Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.), Visio, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization and at client organizations (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Ability to work independently while delivering high-quality work and meeting planned deadlines
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information, sharing ideas, and suggesting new solutions both internally and to clients (as applicable)
Advanced professional role. Highly skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple analytical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors more junior business systems and analysts. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated experience in an analytical and/or problem-solving role, with at least one project as the business analyst lead on a “large” project (i.e., a project with duration of more than 6,000 hours or spending more than 4 months).
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer