As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!JOB SUMMARYResponsible for supervision of IRS & CCU departments.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESOthers may be assigned.
- Monitors staff performance through witness evaluations, provides feedback through weekly performance reviews and monthly performance scorecards, annual reviews, provides level setting, provides training and development to staff to ensure staff members are working efficiently and accurately.
- Facilitates the identification of issues and solutions by staff related to patient disputes related to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Collection Practices Act (FCRA), Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), Quality of care (including, inappropriate/inadequate diagnosis/care, questionable services, or services not received) , Spousal parental liability , Inappropriate/incomplete insurance billing , Account explanation, Proposed accord and satisfaction or restrictive endorsement/conditional payment., and disputes escalated to Tenet executives, Legal, and/or National Ethics Compliance Line.
- Monitors billing and IRS email inboxes and responds to issues or delegates tasks to staff members to respond to issues.
- Manages changes to redistribution assignment table, branch and desk file maintenance, CCU facility assignments, staff eID requests, incentive contests, general employee file maintenance and tracking, kronos maintenance, and performance management through counseling.
- Responsible for daily CDV reviews and completions and monthly CDV calibrations.
- Work with management and/or Perot systems to resolve any system/process issues identified through investigation process; including opening any necessary tickets with Perot systems for resolution of such issues identified.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Direct Reports (titles):
- IRS reps
- CCU reps
- Support Services III
- Indirect Reports (titles):
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIESTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Thorough understanding of all federal and state laws and regulations, such as, HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and EMTALA but not limited to.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including conflict management
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCEInclude minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- 4 year college degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred
- 3 -5 years experience providing leadership and management direction related to collections and processes within a multi-facility environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Call Center environment with multiple workstations in close proximity
Job: Customer ServicePrimary Location: Anaheim, CaliforniaHospital Location: 404-Conifer - National Programs-Anaheim, CAJob Type: Full-timeShift Type: Days Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) programs. Follow the links below for additional information.