USC’s Facilities Management Services is seeking a Groundskeeper Entry to join its team. FMS is a diverse group of innovative and talented professionals who provide high quality facilities maintenance and management services in support of education and research at the University of Southern California. FMS is committed to being fully responsive to the needs of faculty, students, staff and public, who are our customers. FMS strives to cooperate fully with all campus constituents to provide a functional and efficient facilities operation for the university. FMS values quality, transparency, dedication, collaboration, and innovation. Learn more about FMS at: www.usc.edu/fms, http://bit.ly/WorkAtFMS
- Performs a variety of landscape maintenance tasks.
- Maintains condition and appearance of campus landscape.
- Trains other groundskeepers and other employees on specific skills and tasks as required.
- Uses and maintains power tools.
- May specialize in mowing and spraying.
- Prepares soil for planting by digging and turning.
- Maintains paved areas such as patios, driveways, and walkways.
- Lays concrete, asphalt and boulders.
- Participates in the Landscape and Grounds Pay for Knowledge and Skills Program including on-the-job training. Performs all appropriate levels tasks and demonstrates proficiency as indicated in the Skill Based Progression, independently or as part of a team, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Minimum Education: Less than high school
Minimum Experience: 0 - 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise: 0-6 months of landscape experience. Basic knowledge of gardening and ground maintenance. Minimal familiarity with common plant species, landscape and cultivation requirements. Familiar with standard safety practices and equipment and other requirements for workplace safety.
REQ20041449 Posted Date: 03/17/2017 Apply Share this Job Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Email
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Start matching Stay connected with University of Southern California-- Stay connected with University of Southern California Sign up to receive job alerts Email AddressSelect interests
ADDRemove Confirm Email Recently added jobs
- Budget Analyst Los Angeles, California REQ20040215
- Head, Von KleinSmid Center Library (#334) Los Angeles, California REQ20038897
- Research Programmer II Los Angeles, California REQ20040586
Stay connected to USC
Helpful information for applicants External applicants Internal applicants (current USC employees)
Interested in working for USC on a temporary basis? Contact Trojan Talent Source (operated by Kelly Services) at (800) 409-1066 or 15HD@kellyservices.com.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com.. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report Required legal notices