University Advancement’s USC Alumni Association (USCAA) is seeking an experienced, collaborative, and enterprising professional for the position, Assistant Director of Signature Events.
The Assistant Director is responsible for day-to-day management of assigned events (or assigned portions of larger events) with the broader USCAA Signature Events portfolio which includes, but is not limited to, Alumni Awards, the Alumni Leadership Conference, the Volunteer Recognition Dinner, Football Weekenders, Reunion Weekend, Homecoming, the Women’s Conference, Half Century Trojans Hall of Fame Luncheon and Going Back to College Day.
The Assistant Director must be independently creative, able to produce, manage, and support USCAA events and flawlessly execute them. Related skills include: event planning, budgeting, marketing, and fundraising.
The position reports to the Director of Signature Events and works directly with manager and collaborates regularly with a broad USC Alumni Association staff and University community to coordinate logistical, financial, communications and marketing aspects of USCAA events. This includes providing guidance, and supervision to assigned staff, student workers, and alumni volunteers. The job requires regular evening work and occasional travel and weekend work.
- Plans, implements and manages specific events, activities, projects and/or programs to enhance the public’s awareness of the university, or students, faculty, staff and/or alumni of the university. Participates in development of event goals, plans and strategies.
- Plans, writes, edits, produces and presents or distributes event related materials. Schedules, assigns and prioritizes workloads. Sets appropriate deadlines.
- Ensures timely completion of unit’s work.
- Manages program, project and/or event budget(s).
- Develops and produces event related reports for university and/or department use.
- Represents University or department at professional meetings, conferences, seminars and other events. Develops and maintains contacts with University officials, and professional colleagues.
- Negotiates licenses and/or vendor contracts, as assigned.
- Coordinates appropriate use of University and/or department logos, emblems and indicia.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Preferred Field of Expertise:
- Event management, public relations or related field.
- 4-5 years experience;
- event production;
- experienced providing guidance and supervision to assigned staff, student workers, and volunteers;
- independently creative;
- event planning - able to produce, manage, and support USCAA events and flawlessly execute;
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Email
Job Profile Summary
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
REQ20041471 Posted Date: 03/16/2017 Apply Share this Job
Recently viewed jobs
No recently viewed jobs.
With just one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can connect you with jobs that match your work experience.
Start matching Stay connected with University of Southern California-- Stay connected with University of Southern California Sign up to receive job alerts Email AddressSelect interests
ADDRemove Confirm Email Recently added jobs
- Budget Analyst Los Angeles, California REQ20040215
- Head, Von KleinSmid Center Library (#334) Los Angeles, California REQ20038897
- Research Programmer II Los Angeles, California REQ20040586
Stay connected to USC
Helpful information for applicants External applicants Internal applicants (current USC employees)
Interested in working for USC on a temporary basis? Contact Trojan Talent Source (operated by Kelly Services) at (800) 409-1066 or 15HD@kellyservices.com.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com.. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC’s Clery Act Annual Security Report Required legal notices