Works collaboratively with pharmacy department to ensure the highest quality of patient safety and drug therapy plans.
• Consults w/ health care practitioners to establish high quality patient drug therapy plans & outcomes.
• Monitors patient’s to insure therapeutic outcomes & minimize adverse drug effects.
• Consults patients in a professional & efficient manner to ensure patient understanding of drug therapy plans & outcomes.
• Contacts & confers w/ the prescriber in a timely manner to clarify & answer questions regarding drug product selection to facilitate appropriate patient outcomes.
• Serves as a role model by demonstrating a contemporary attitude & focusing on patient care outcomes.
• Accurately reviews, interprets, & fills prescriptions/orders to ensure patient safety.
• Accurately compounds & prepares medications or supervises same.
• Improves patient care outcomes be developing knowledge & skills in new areas of pharmacy practice as they arise through literature review, continuing education, & collegial sharing of information.
• Demonstrates knowledge of department mission statement & objectives by assisting in development & achievement of location specific goals.
• Demonstrates a complete understanding & complies w/ all pharmacy department & location policies & procedures concerning the responsibilities of a pharmacist & support personnel.
• Mixes IV additive solutions & chemotherapy using aseptic technique.
• Monitors, surveys, & inspects facility medication storage sites to ensure safe, appropriate drug storage.
• Maintains a cost conscious attitude in the daily function of the pharmacy.
• Uses reference materials or alternative sources of information when necessary.
• Maintains a professional appearance, observes the suggested departmental dress code & wears identification badge.
• Maintains a professional attitude & image; leads by professional example.
• Attends to personal affairs so as not to interfere w/ the work schedule.
• Maintains cleanliness of self & work area.
• Demonstrates good judgment in the ability to organize & assist in directing workflow to maintain appropriate service levels.
• Demonstrates ability to set goals, plan, organize, & take tasks to completion.
• Demonstrates consistent ability to be a productive employee.
• Answers phone calls as necessary.
• Exercises independent judgment w/in the limits of authority.
• Influences others to strive towards location & departmental objectives.
• Maintains current knowledge of & complies w/ state & federal laws, rules & regulations.
• Demonstrates knowledge & support for continuous quality improvement programs in the location, department, & region.
• Demonstrates a complete understanding & complies w/ established regional employee relations policies & procedures.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of inventory control principles to establish/ensure appropriate cost effective asset management.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of professional practice standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Kaiser Permanente pharmacy benefit structure.
• Maintains a contemporary working knowledge of Kaiser Permanente automated systems.
• Communicates appropriate information regarding formulary & target drug alternatives & is effective in increasing provider compliance & member acceptance to assure appropriate drug utilization.
• Consults w/ appropriate personnel in mattes of uncertainty.
• Makes informed, rational, & timely decisions.
• Perform other duties as requested.
Basic Qualifications: • Enrolled and in good standing with accredited School of Pharmacy.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Current Pharmacy intern license in Oregon or Washington.
Primary Location:Oregon-Portland-Airport Way Pharmacy Refill Center 5725 NE 138th A
Scheduled Hours (1-40):1
Working Days:Variable to meet demands
Working Hours Start:Variable to meet demands
Working Hours End:Variable to meet demands
Employee Group (Union Affiliation):Guild for Professional Pharmacists
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Public Department Name:Pharmacy Administration
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Eligible for Benefits:No
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.