Progressive association is searching for an experienced meeting professional to be responsible for the overall management of activities in the Western Division of its association including, Events and Programs, volunteer relationship and supporting meetings and acitivites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Events and Programs
- Overseeing all programs within the division
- Identifying topics, issues and trends that impact the association in general, and the division specifically.
- Working with staff, volunteer leaders and other business professionals to identify and secure appropriate speakers
- Working with the marketing and production departments to research new marketing strategies, implement marketing plans and produce brochures and other collateral materials that generate interest and drive attendance
- Ensuring that CE credit and other program enhancing opportunities are investigated and implemented
Management of Western Division Team
- Reviewing and approving teams’ budgets and forecasts
- Monitoring meeting attendance and ensuring that meeting expenses and marketing efforts are adjusted accordingly
- Managing team’s coordination with third party vendors
- Ensuring coordination between meetings and exhibits teams
- Mentoring, training and providing day-to-day supervision of team
Volunteer Relationship Management
- Fostering and maintaining volunteer engagement within the region
- Working in conjunction with Senior Staff Vice President, Chief Global Marketing Officer
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 7 – 10 years of experience in managing high quality events, including content, logistics and marketing
- Experience in managing colleagues of different skills and backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing budgets and driving through changes to improve efficiency
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities, as well as managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to build relationships with senior figures in hospitality and meetings industry
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment and ability to accomplish high volume of work
- Preferred Experience in working with volunteers and committees and/or high profile industry figures
- Ability to operate effectively and responsibly independently, but also effectively as part of a team
- Self-motivated and professional
- Ambitious and enthusiastic with ability to motivate colleagues
This is an in-office position, no virtual candidates are being considered.
Please include a cover note with salary history or requirements.