Manages the implementation of multiple major systems and non-system projects which affect members, CSAs, Regional Offices and TPMG employees in Northern California and other regions. Forms and leads a multidisciplinary team including staff, other KP personnel, outside suppliers, and contract consultants to define requirements, leading to specifications with ultimate delivery of solutions on-time and on-budget.
Essential Functions: • Manages to successful completion one major or several smaller system and non-system projects that have regional and/or inter-regional impact to members, TPMG, KFH/HP providers and employees.
• Responsible for the overall project budget, resources, scope and all other tasks.
• Projects would likely include the implementation of new computerized systems, designing and implementing modules to increase membership and/or reduce costs, implementing new policy decisions which affect members and providers.
• Manages the development, implementation, and re-engineering of programs (system/non-system) designed to improve member service, patient care and healthcare outcomes.
• Provides clinical expertise to ensure that the proposed changes will be consistent with State and Federal law with respect to the practice of Pharmacy.
• Manages and adjusts to constant change, makes timely decisions and responsive interventions to ensure project success.
• Collaborates with CSA pharmacy mangers, other health care providers, other departments within Pharmacy Operations, to develop new strategies and possible solutions to increase revenue, and improve member service.
• Establishes and maintains communication strategies to effectively share information with all stakeholders.
• Collaborates with CSA Pharmacy Managers and others within Pharmacy Operations to provide services which support their operational, and financial objectives.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in an inpatient/outpatient pharmacy.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience with mainframe clinical applications including pharmacy systems.
• Degree in pharmacy.
• HS Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Licensed Pharmacist in California.
• Previous experience in leading a major successful project.
• Management/administrative experience in the health care arena.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving skills.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Completion of a PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency or comparable experience is highly desirable.
• Completion of a PGY2 DI Residency or previous experience in drug information practice (e.g. Formulary management, evidence analysis, drug use management, publications) is preferred.• Kaiser experience helpful.
Primary Location:California-San Diego-San Diego Medical Center 4647 Zion Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40):40
Working Days:Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start:Varies
Working Hours End:Varies
Employee Group (Union Affiliation):Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Job:Pharmacy Professional (Educators, Project Managers, Consultant/Analyst)
Public Department Name:Pharmacy Administration
Travel:Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Eligible for Benefits:Yes
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.