- Distribution of the daily review reports to appropriate inter laboratory department.
- Distribtuion of critical value reports to laboratory and other designated area.
- Sorting and mailing of the daily physician lab and pathology reports.
- Timely pick up of lab specimens from East tower (30min interval) and the scheduled run from Preadmission area.
- Timely accessioning of drop off samples in the lab
- Assists in other area of the laboratory, pathology and blood bank.
- Transports/delivers to various nursing departments Lab Specimens, Equipment (emergency only), Central Supply Items (emergency only), Mail, Kronos
- Timely pick up of blood products from blood bank with clear communication from charge nurse.
- Performs hourly rounds.
- Timely response to pages.
- Courteous response to all calls.
- Prioritizes calls and tasks appropriately.
- Consistently communicates with unit charge nurse to maintain efficiency.
- Maintains BCLS and CPR certification.
- Demonstrates appropriate body mechanics.
- Demonstrates Universal Precautions and follows isolation procedures.
- Utilizes hospital golf cart in a safe manner.
- Consistently completes runner’s log
Qualifications:Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Current American Heart Association BLS certification. Minimum Experience: Recent acute care experience preferred. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Able to drive a golf cart.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical TechniciansPrimary Location: Fountain Valley, CaliforniaHospital Location: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical CenterJob Type: PT2YShift Type: RotatingIf Other Shift, Specify: 10 hour midday Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) programs. Follow the links below for additional information.