As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 800 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions?Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!JOB SUMMARYResponsible for providing quality customer service while performing collection of assigned outstanding, aged account balances. Documents all collection activity; maintains and organizes unit and responds to all correpsondence, communication and/or verbal inquiries from all relevant parties. Understands and adheres to all policies and procedures, as well as local, state and federal regulations, relevant to their area of operation.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESInclude the following. Others may be assigned.
- Maintains exceptional service and integrity with customers and client accounts through accurate, timely, relevant, and quality work efforts of all inventory assigned to the self pay billing revenue cycle and call center. 45%
- Drives inquiries from customers and clients towards resolution which includes the identification of the appropriate source of payment or assistance program 35%
- Records and maintains complete and accurate documentation of all activity performed on appropriate medium. 15%
- Informs management of operational issues impeding performance or customer satisfaction including but not limited to those impacting the customer, client, or the company 5%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIESTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effective verbal and interpersonal skills
- Essential computer skills on a PC or Mac
- Basic knowledge of CPT and ICD-codes
- Basic Knowledge of UB-92 and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) interpretation
- Understanding HIPAA/ regulations
- Basic knowledge of FDCPA
- Ability to work with a team setting and be supportive of the team members
- Ability to work successfully in a fast paced environment
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCEInclude minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One or more years call center customer service or collection experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job: CollectionsPrimary Location: Anaheim, CaliforniaHospital Location: 238-Conifer - Anaheim - CAJob Type: Full-timeShift Type: DaysShift Begin: 0.333333333333333 Shift End: 0.708333333333333 Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) programs. Follow the links below for additional information.