Internal ID: 1701033Sr. Estate/Trust Officer Department: Raymond James Trust Location: Raymond James Financial, Downtown Los Angeles, CA Trust office
Job Summary & Responsibilities: Raymond James Trust is hiring an experienced Senior Trust Officer to administer personal trust accounts on behalf of our Wealth and Financial Advisors. This experienced Trust Officer will have frequent contact with internal and external customers and serve as an ambassador of Raymond James Trust in our downtown Los Angeles office. The ideal contributor will:
- Administers trusts in accordance with statutes and regulations.
- Participates in the income tax planning and preparation process, performs such tax planning functions as may be appropriate and effectively communicates tax matters to beneficiaries, Financial Advisors and other relevant parties.
- Anticipates issues of higher risk and assists with department-wide resolution via mentoring and/or policies within the bounds of good fiduciary practice.
- Interacts with Financial Advisors and clients in defining goals and objectives, working along with the investment officer to establish the appropriate asset allocation and to review and approve portfolio changes.
- Interacts with beneficiaries, their advisors and Financial Advisors in the personal trust administration process.
- Participates as a voting member of the Administrative Committee.
- Exercises discretionary personal trust administrative authority as may be allowed by the Policies and Procedures.
- Proactively applies potential estate, gift, GSTT and income tax rules, changes and consequences applicable to book of accounts with limited supervisory interaction and support.
- Assists New Business Development personnel and Financial Advisors in the sales process through personal meetings, conference calls and seminar events.
- Answers Financial Advisor inquiries regarding estate planning, trust services, estate taxes and other relevant topics.
- May lead the work of others, sharing knowledge to coach and mentor less experienced staff.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Reviews progress of assignments with executive leadership/management.
- Serves as resource for junior staff and helps develop standardized client communication.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of:
- Basic supervisory principals.
- Advanced understanding of trust administrative concepts, including state law differences
- Trust Code of Florida or other applicable states.
- Finance and Accounting.
- Basic concepts, practices and procedures of income tax planning and preparation process.
- Basic concepts, principles and practices of Fiduciary laws and principles sufficient to administer personal trusts
- Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
- Financial markets, products, financial advisory function and investment process.
- Personal trust administration.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to provide a high level of customer service.
- Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent public presentation skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
- Operating standard office equipment and ability to learn software applications including computer based trust accounting systems and other common estate planning software programs.
- Function in a professional office environment.
- Demonstrate efficiency and flexibility in performing detailed transactional tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions.
- Provide efficient service to internal and external clients.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
- Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Proactively offers solutions and suggestions for improved efficiencies.
- Leads projects of significant scope and complexity.
- Work independently, make non-routine decisions and resolve complex problems.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Deliver unpopular messages while maintaining positive and effective relationships
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, including negotiation resources.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) in Finance or related field and a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of personal trust administration experience
- JD, MBA or CPA, CTFA/CFP (preferred) and four (4) years personal trust administration experience
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
Licenses/Certifications: None required Travel Required: Up to 20%. Must have a valid drivers’ license and be eligible for coverage under the firm’s Vehicle Fleet Safety Policy to drive on company business. For more information about Raymond James Trust, please visit:
https://www.raymondjames.com/wealth-management/advice-products-and-services/estate-charitable-giving-and-trust-services/raymond-james-trust About Raymond James Trust: Raymond James Trust N.A. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Raymond James Financial, Inc. (NYSE-RJF) which provides financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities. Raymond James Trust N.A. began in 1992 as the Raymond James Trust Company in St. Petersburg, Florida. To better serve its clients outside of the southeastern U.S., the Raymond James Trust Company West was acquired (as Sound Trust Company) in 1993. Over the years, the two companies have grown to manage over $3 billion in assets in all 50 states. In 2007, Raymond James Trust Company successfully completed the rigorous application process to gain a national trust charter and changed its name to Raymond James Trust N.A. Under its federal charter, Raymond James Trust N.A. may act as trustee, custodian, personal representative or agent to the trustee in a wide variety of trust and estate situations in every state of the U.S.
JobInvestment ManagementPrimary LocationUS-CA-Los AngelesOrganizationRaymond James Trust Company CorpScheduleFull-timeShiftDay JobTravelYes, 20 % of the Time