SPANISH TRANSLATORS/LINGUIST NEEDED
FULL-TIME, PART-TIME, PROJECT BASED
Colorado Springs, CO
Conduit Language Specialists began in 1999 when our founders saw a need for a company that would exceed the quality found in existing linguistic firms. From the very beginning, we have maintained a commitment to quality and excellence, first in providing unmatched interpreting services to law enforcement and later, as we expanded, to a wide range of clients in the medical, legal, and private business sectors.
To learn more about our company please visit our website at www.conduitlanguage.com
CONDUIT LANGUAGE SPECIALISTS takes pride in providing the highest level of transcription/translation and linguist services to the Federal and State Governments.
Assist clients in all aspects of language analysis on-site translation/interpretation
Demonstrate proficiency and be versed in proprietary devices, applications and tools.
Be a good team player and communicator
Be punctual, dependable and be able to deliver projects on time
Flexibility in scheduling, to include week and night shifts
Available to work a rotating, flexible schedule
Hourly rate approximately $28 hour.
Health &Welfare for every hour worked. $4.27
Retirement: 401(k) Option
Flexible schedules 7 days a week. [Weekend and nightshifts available] Scheduling is based on government need
Travel assignments (when available)
Pay on biweekly basis
Holiday OT pay
1. NATIVE understanding in Spanish, good knowledge of Spanish slang and cultural sensibilities (Written and Verbal). Native or Heritage Spanish speakers a plus
2. Be able to analyze syntax, phonetics, regional slang and colloquial expressions, and semantics from different Native Language-speaking regions, and provide a clean, objective product in professional English to law enforcement clients. Analyze material and compile data into reports to support our customer’s complex operations. Monitor, translate, transcribe, interpret, validate, summarize, deconfliction analysis, verify information, and use standard English.
3. Ability to pass language proficiency and certification required
4. Great English communication skills (Written and Verbal)
5. Education and Experience: B.S./ B.A and/or HS diploma and 2-4 years general work experience. Work experience may be substituted for education and education may be substituted for work experience.
6. Must meet suitability and eligibility requirements set forth by Law Enforcement
7. Agency including the ability to pass a 10-year scope background investigation
8. Ability to pass a proficiency test.
9. Proficient typing skills (35-40 wpm minimum)
10. Proficiency in computer operation and computer software systems
11. Other duties as assigned
Must be 21+
All candidates must consent to a complete background investigation. Only those candidates determined to be best qualified will be contacted to proceed in the selection process.
1. Analyze syntax, phonetics, regional slang and colloquial expressions, and semantics from different Native Language-speaking regions, and provide a clean, objective product in professional English to law enforcement clients.
2. Analyze material and compile data into reports to support our customer’s complex operations.
3. Monitor, translate, transcribe, interpret, validate, summarize, deconfliction analysis, verify information.
4. Enter, transcribe, record, store, or maintain information in either written or electronic form.
5. Use computer word processing software.
6. Communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing.
7. Grammar, spelling and punctuation.
8. Agency objectives, organization, structure and mission.
9. Knowledge of both colloquial and formal usage of the SPANISH language.
10. Read, write, and speak the SPANISH language fluently.
Must successfully pass annual ISO requirements and be able to provide ILR/ACTFL recognized proof of language proficiency every five years.
Presently held Government clearance(s) a plus.
May require an agreement to work a non-traditional schedule based on the nature of the assignment or project. This non-traditional schedule may include a voluntarily signed agreement to work through a meal period. In every instance in which an assignment or project requires a linguist to work through a meal period, the meal period is compensated.
****Be sure to attach resume with relevant experience when responding to this post. ****
Conduit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, sex, age, national origin, or sexual orientation. The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Conduit hires only U.S. citizens or lawfully authorized alien workers. Provisions contained in this employment announcement may be modified or revoked.