Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!JOB SUMMARY
The A/R Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and leadership of the A/R Representatives; both on-site and telecommuters. Directly responsible for the interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling and monitoring of staff as well as all aspects of A/R Management and Performance Management. Attend meetings and respond timely to all requests, including completion of accounts referred to the Supervisory Desk. Identify performance deficiencies and opportunities and implement action plans as appropriate. Effectively maintain a work environment which promotes communication to stimulate the morale, engagement and growth of subordinates.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day supervision and leadership of the A/R Representatives, including but not limited to the Performance Management metrics of collections, productivity, quality and aging. Interview candidates and make hiring recommendations and decisions. Complete monthly quality evaluations and participate in Witness Calibration sessions. Monitor staff scheduling and adherence to time and attendance protocol. Responsible for all aspects of A/R Management, including but not limited to maintaining workload balance, ensuring maximum efficiency, eliminating rework, and reducing cost. Promptly identify issues and develop action plans to mitigate or resolve.
- Train, develop, motivate and assist subordinates in reaching new levels of skills, knowledge and attitude. Effectively maintain a work environment which stimulates and motivates the morale, engagement and growth of subordinates. Identify performance deficiencies and opportunities and implement action plans as needed.
- Review and respond timely to requests, including emails, telephone calls, issues, account research and resolution as needed by staff, management and clients. Timely completion of accounts referred to the Supervisory Desk by staff or management.
- Effectively communicate and interact with subordinates, management and clients. Conduct, attend and participate in meetings, conference calls and training sessions, including Management Meetings, Team Meetings, Payers Huddle Meetings as well as one-on-one monthly meetings with subordinates to provide consistent performance feedback. Complete the mid-year and year end Performance Management review.
Specify Revenue/Budget/Expense.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- No. Direct Reports (incl. titles): 10-20, A/R Reps I, II, III
Qualifications:KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills, including PC and MS Office Suite knowledge
- Proficient in building a strong team to meet performance goals
- Effectively manages multiple tasks
- Displays sound judgment and reasoning abilities
- Creative and innovate thinking
- Achieves results with accuracy and precision
- High School diploma and/or equivalent education
- 1 year of demonstrated Supervisory experience, or 2 years comparable leadership experience or equivalent management courses
- May require travel – approximately 5%
Job: CollectionsPrimary Location: Anaheim, CaliforniaHospital Location: 404-Conifer - National Programs-Anaheim, CAJob Type: Full-timeShift Type: DaysShift Begin: 0.333333333333333 Shift End: 0.697916666666667 Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) programs. Follow the links below for additional information.