Opportunity Title: Branch Proposal Manager
We are seeking an enthusiastic, independent, and resourceful go-getter to lead and pursue competitive winning proposals from the premarketing through the interview stages for a fast-paced, deadline-driven environmental professional services firm. This hands-on Branch Proposal Manager will support our talented environmental practitioners in our L.A. and Huntington Beach, California offices with developing compliant, comprehensive, and compelling submittals (proposals and opportunity-specific statements of qualifications (SOQs)). Utilizing superb writing and organizational skills, you will participate in the Go/No-Go process, manage, schedule, edit, and produce submittals and related sales support materials, evaluate selection criteria, and develop appropriate response strategies.
Although we are looking for someone to primarily support our Southern California operations, interested candidates from all areas of the Western U.S. are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The key to success in this position is the ability to understand the perspectives and needs of our clients, coupled with a commitment to technical excellence. The Branch Proposal Manager adds tremendous value through personal initiative, ability to prioritize collaboration, keep the big picture in mind, and formulate a cohesive, persuasive message out of many individual parts. Your ability to catalyze and facilitate the success of a group means that you are passionate about learning from and working with multiple people, and adding meaning and value to the representation of the firm’s capabilities to our clients. You work well under pressure, maintain diligent communication and attention to detail, communicate frequently, and enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple deadlines and projects. Responsibilities include, (but are not limited to) the following:
- Track prospective client opportunities based on the strategic technical and regional goals;
- Evaluate SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) to support go/no-go proposal decisions, involving senior personnel as required by Geosyntec policy;
- Analyze client requirements and selection criteria; work with the proposal manager and other client-facing participants to develop submittal strategy and themes for the submittal;
- Extract the proper message from existing materials to respond to proposal requests; develop compelling packaging of materials including formats, and ensure quality and compliance with client requirements;
- Design visually appealing and dynamic templates and graphics for proposals, reports, brochures, posters, and other print marketing collateral;
- Evaluate some technical content, and write/edit proposal sections;
- Create, edit, and produce presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint or similar products for technical professionals to use in meetings with prospective clients that may touch on corporate history and organization, broad capabilities, technical specialties, and other topics which support the client development process;
- Create, edit, and produce regional project descriptions, from short paragraphs to extensive multi page summaries of long-term and complicated projects;
- Troubleshoot potential workflow issues for senior practitioners that may impact deliverables;
- Coordinate the collection, updating, customization, and submission of professional resumes for technical staff as part of the enterprise-wide database;
- Track awards schedule; develop and submit project award applications;
- Collect and archive letters of commendation and references.
- Act as the liaison between Branch and Corporate Marketing and Communications department staff;
- Manage Branch updates to the enterprise-wide digital database in accordance with corporate standards and champion its use among Branch staff;
- Provide Branch materials to Corporate Marketing and Communications department to support internal communications as requested; and
- Perform special projects and related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with a major in communications, marketing, English, journalism, environmental science, or another applicable discipline. (required)
- Two to five years of experience as a marketing professional (required); for the A/E Industry (strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated writing skills, including the ability to think critically and analytically about the purpose of the document and how the content might be improved. (required)
- Proven formatting, writing, editing, and proofreading skills with impeccable attention to detail. (required)
- Advanced Windows proficiency including, MS Professional (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, and typing ability of 70-90 WPM accurately. (required)
- Familiarity with state and federal forms, good faith outreach efforts for disadvantaged teaming partners, and experience working on On-Call proposals for public and municipal entities in Southern California. (preferred)
- Familiarity with Illustrator and some graphic design experience. (strongly preferred)
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions. (required)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage workflow. (required)
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently to perform effectively under tight deadlines. (required)
- Ability to work flexible work hours and overtime. (required)
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal qualities, superb written and verbal communication skills, practical and administrative problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for excellence and quality.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is an employee-owned, global environmental engineering consulting firm operating throughout the U.S., Canada, and select international locations. We’ve been repeatedly recognized as one of Best Civil Engineering Places to Work by CE News and consistently named one of the top engineering firms by Engineering News-Record.
Geosyntec is a company of practitioners who are experts in their fields and experienced in applying their knowledge to provide our clients with real-world solutions. We provide environmental services to municipalities, state and federal agencies, Fortune 500 industrial companies, and many of the nation’s top law firms.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding assignments, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
To apply for this position, please use the link below. You are encouraged to attach a cover letter and samples of your marketing output.