Production Administrative Supervisor
Candidate will work under the direction of the Lead Shift Production Supervisor to assist in the efficient operation of the production department. Areas include: Scheduling work orders in an effort to level load the labor needed to run the cold end. Intermittently supervises operating personnel on shift, this includes shift personnel who work in the areas of Forming, Forming Select, Carton Assembly, Palletizer and the skilled trades working shift.
- Verify and reconcile all production records utilized to coordinate item, carton and color changes to satisfy production schedule requirements
- Schedule work orders on shops in an effort to maintain level labor requirements from shift to shift to avoid large spikes or dips in labor needed
- Act on direction given by Shift Production Supervisor to address quality, productivity, personnel or any other issue requiring attention
- Assist the Shift Production Supervisor making personnel assignments to satisfy production requirements
- Assist in the supervision of operating personnel during the course of a production run to insure the meeting of quality requirements expected productivity standards
- Use Kronos to record time and attendance for the production department
- Record SPC data for evaluation
- Assist the Shift Production Supervisor with administrative tasks as needed
- Provide relief or the Shift Production Manager as needed
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to effectively problem solve
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Strong team lead, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Consistently exhibit Libbey values in all interactions with Libbey associates.
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Lead and motivate the hourly workforce through communication, teaching, and development
- College degree in business or related field
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience in a Union environment is a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Standing for long periods of time
- Subject to hot and cold environment
- Safety glasses and hearing protection required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Work 12 hour rotating shift
Libbey Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other federal, state, or local protected class.