The Medical Assistant is part of a multi‐disciplinary team working together to establish and carry out a case plan
for each patient. The Medical Assistant performs routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the health clinic
Essential Duties, Functions & Responsibilities:
- Focused on providing excellent customer service for the patient.
- Schedules patient appointments and checks them in when arriving.
- Meets with the patient to take history, check and record vital signs.
- Responsible for preparing and setting up treatment rooms. Ensures they are clean.
- Responsible for sterilizing and cleaning medical equipment.
- Able to assist physicians and nurses in providing treatment.
- Ensures physician or nurse has needed supplies, instruments and equipment.
- Experienced with Point of Care testing.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens.
- Adheres to clinical policies and procedures.
- Records and files information on patients as needed or directed.
- Able to provide assistance with billing and coding as needed or directed.
- Answers phone calls, orders supplies, sends out letters, and completes insurance forms.
- Upholds patient confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
- Maintains professional mannerism with staff, ancillary site physicians, caseworkers, dentists, and others in all matters pertaining to patient care.
- Able to keep supervisor well informed regarding activities, pending issues and potential problems.
- Able to represent UAII at community, government and/or business meetings as needed or directed.
- Participates in UAII staff trainings and weekly team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned or required to fulfill this position.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience in a health care facility or health field area.
- Experienced phlebotomist.
- Valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- High School diploma.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant vocational training program.
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Basic life support/CPR