Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. (MPA), is recognized as one of the largest re manufacturers of Automotive Replacement Parts for North America. We are a publicly traded company registered on NASDAQ and NYSEC under the symbol MPAA.
We have a career building opportunity for a Financial Analyst. This position is based at our corporate office in Torrance, California.
Financial Analyst will work closely with Corporate Finance department to deliver the fiscal budget, strategic plans and forecast, and reporting as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Assist in budgeting process and financial planning including fiscal plans and subsequent variance analysis
- Assist in the development and maintenance of financial models to support both internal and external strategies
- Assist in the company's corporate strategy, including cash management and expense forecasting
- Analyzing weekly and monthly forecasts and outline actions in response to variances
- Work closely with members of Finance department to monitor financial performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of material variance relative to fiscal budget and prior year results
- Assist in preparing monthly reporting package for external distribution
- Assist in performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance
- Collaborate with other departments to implement operation initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field required
- 3 – 5 years of financial analytical experience with strong knowledge of financial modeling
- General knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) preferred
- Advance knowledge of Excel and Access required
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with Senior management and department managers
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with attention to detail
- Ability to generate creative ideas to improve performance and lower expenses
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D Insurance, 401K Retirement Savings Plan and other company sponsored programs.
If you have an interest in new challenges and have relevant experience for this position, please send us your resume along with your salary requirements.