Under the direct supervision of the Eligibility Manager, the Eligibility Coordinator will be responsible for the overall enrollment of families in center based programs and providing on-going case management to families.
Essential Functions:Include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain knowledge of Title V Regulations as applicable for all CDD programs.
- Enroll and certify families and determine eligibility for the programs.
- Prepare and issue Notice of Action to participants on a timely basis.
- Make calls to participant employers to verify income and need for service.
- Maintain an Eligibility Waiting List, participate in CDD Programs outreach activities and recruitment efforts.
- Prepare and Submit reports to the Eligibility Manager in a timely manner.
- Maintain current and accurate records in the database while maintaining confidentiality.
- Maintain, complete and organize parent, children and providers files.
- Monitor documentation of services required by program agreements.
- Represent the agency in the community and with other agencies.
- Participate and contribute in the agency and departmental staff meetings and workshops as assigned.
- Assist with updating in-house policies and procedures, as well as other required forms.
- Provide all participants with information regarding parental choice and other program requirements.
- Assist with file reviews and overall preparations for program Audits
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Must have a High School Diploma (or equivalent) with a minimum of two (2) years of experience working in customer service or with a social service agency related to children’s programs.
- Associate Degree in Child Development is a plus.
- Must be bilingual (English/Spanish), with the ability to write and speak fluently in both.
- Ability to work well with people with sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
- Ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the public to work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues.
- Proficient computer and data entry skills required.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
- Must have own transportation, valid California Driver’s License and provide proof of current automobile insurance.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Intermittent or sometimes continuous sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling and twisting.
- Daily typing and use of computer for a minimum of four and up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
The International Institute of Los Angeles (IILA) is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants who feel that they qualify for this position are required to complete an IILA employment application form.
IILA will not accept resumes in lieu of IILA application form. Interested applicants can obtain an application on our web site at
. Position will remain open until filled. Send resume and completed application to:
International Institute of Los Angeles
3845 Selig Place
Los Angeles, CA 90031
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an employment interview. References will be required at the time of the interview.